Unable to move when entering interior.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
theJF

Unable to move when entering interior.

Post by theJF »

Not sure where this one belongs. The problem happens when using dream mod but I think I read that DFU was changed recently for handling doors. But without dream there's no problem.

Anyways...if you goto the town of Horpath in Phrgyia province and enter the mages guild you are stuck in the corner. I guess this is because you enter the interior right in the corner.

I will put up a save tomorrow. But if I don't make this post now I'll forget.

pango

Re: Unable to move when entering interior.

Post by pango »

(For what it's worth, I couldn't reproduce the problem on my own)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

theJF

Post by theJF »

I am no longer able to reproduce this either. Very strange.

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

This is probably unrelated, but just in case:

For some reason, if I have the "handpainted models" 3D model replacer running, there are some stores and mage's guilds where I am blocked by invisible objects. It's like the collider isn't aligned with the visible model or something. Sometimes it is possible to jump and get on top of these invisible objects, but usually not. Usually, the invisible thing fills so much of the room that I can't move in it, but sometimes it will just be a small inexplicably unpassable area that you walk around.

Unfortunately, it's something in the main piece of that mod, so I have to lose almost everything to avoid it.

(Shouldn't be related to DREAM, unless DREAM has started shipping with the "handpainted models" stuff -- I'm a little out of date over the last couple of months)

pango

Post by pango »

At some point automap markers (entrance beam marker and notes) were invisible obstacles, but it's supposed to be fixed now. (Just in case it's some kind of regression)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

theJF

Post by theJF »

Thanks for the info Pango. Indeed I referred to dream but it could have been one of the other mods. I do use hand painted models. I have two installations of DFU, one with dream, etc and one for a more vanilla style. I did save in one and then load the same save in the other. Maybe that was involved? Something about repositioning? Anyways, not a big issue.
Un saludo
J