[MOD] Torch Taker

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Torch Taker

Post by Hazelnut »

Item based player light sources is an enhancement I made for DFU, it's not in classic.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

They go out either immediately or after a few seconds - it turns out that torches from the dungeons are almost useless. This does not depend on the player's characteristics, such as luck?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Laicus wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:38 pm They go out either immediately or after a few seconds - it turns out that torches from the dungeons are almost useless. This does not depend on the player's characteristics, such as luck?
No, not at the moment, but I might incorporate that in the future. Try buying torches. Do they last longer?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Or just type 'add torch 1' in console.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:44 pm Try buying torches. Do they last longer?
Yes, it burned for a few minutes, after that I checked its condition, it says: slightly used.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ok, so it went out after a few minutes?

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

No, I did not wait for it to go out, after a few minutes (probably 5 minutes), its condition deteriorated only to "slightly used", so it will burn for a long time, I can check.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ok, I managed to reproduce the bug. It's weird. I'll take a look if I can find some way to have the dungeon torches be somewhat reduced in effectiveness without this happening.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Laicus wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:14 pm Torches go out very quickly, it is impossible to play with dark dungeons and activated "item based player torch". I don't remember, was it like that in the original?
Ok, bug fixed. For some reason, my 2-4 range had turned into 20-24 range, which made the taken torches way more damage than they were supposed to be.

Download the new 1.0.5 build and it should work much better, with taken torches being slightly worse, but not completely useless.

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:30 am Ok, bug fixed
Now everything works perfectly, thank you very much!
I have a burning question, not directly related to the mod, but related to torches and lamps. Could you disable all messages that appear when you light, extinguish the torch/lamp and when it goes out? After all, everything is clear without these messages, but you still have to perform one extra action.