[MOD] Vanity Clone [WIP]

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Interkarma

[MOD] Vanity Clone [WIP]

Post by Interkarma »

Vanity Clone

Have you ever wanted to take selfies of your character on their adventures? With the Vanity Clone mod, this is now a possibility!

Download is attached to the bottom of this post. Unzip and copy the correct "vanity clone.dfmod" version (Windows/Linux/Mac) into your StreamingAssets/Mods folder. Then visit your spellmaker in any Mages Guild to create a custom spell with the Vanity Clone effect. If you don't have access to the spellmaker, use "showspellmaker" from the console.

While out in the world, cast your Vanity Clone spell to place a clone at your feet. Then stand back and admire how you look in the world. Use LeftShift+F10 to toggle HUD and F8 to take a screenshot.

Requires Daggerfall Unity 0.10.23 or later.

"just bought this new spell in gothway garden! trippy!"
2020_07_08_08_18_40.png
2020_07_08_08_18_40.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3121 times

"hanging with queenie - I totally looked at the painting lol!"
2020_07_08_08_20_59.png
2020_07_08_08_20_59.png (853.17 KiB) Viewed 3121 times

"best day at the beach!" Ming is feeling tranquil
2020_07_08_08_24_12.png
2020_07_08_08_24_12.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3121 times

"is my weapon effective now, you green b*tch? lol"
2020_07_08_08_26_36.png
2020_07_08_08_26_36.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 3121 times

NOTE: No matter what, you must -never- cast this spell under the light of a full moon.
Attachments
Vanity Clone.zip
(22.72 KiB) Downloaded 257 times

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Vanity Clone [WIP]

Post by Ralzar »

Oh wow, I remember you showing this quite a while back. I was just thinking about it the other day, how I spend quite a bit of time considering how my characters dress, but then never actually get to see them out in the world :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I was going to put it into a mod last year and completely forgot about it haha. :D

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Oh boy, now I want to see randomly generated "adventurer" flat NPCs out in the world, I see much potential with this.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Magicono43 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:23 pm Oh boy, now I want to see randomly generated "adventurer" flat NPCs out in the world, I see much potential with this.
Oh damn, I did not think of this. That would actually be a GREAT way to generate random NPCs that actually fit the games artstyle.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Love this. Thanks for the work. I was just messing with magic effects to try and create a replicated Spellbreaker effect for a custom shield. Can't wait to see the code in thise.

Also, yeah, this could be used to generate random npcs in the world for things like quests, or just cool immersive random encounters.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hey, nice to see this out finally... I assumed you were too busy, else I'd have reminded you long ago.

Now, where's the code at? :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Extract the code using the games built in mod manager.

Then create a blank script file in the DFU project and copy, paste the code from the text file, so you get all the readibility of a C# compiler.

I'm was looking at it yesterday. I see some cool potential, if I'm understanding how the code it working. We can use it to pretty much write custom scripts that trigger on spell uses. So, if it can be coded in c#, it can be turned into a spell to be triggered on cast.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

l3lessed wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:13 pm I'm was looking at it yesterday. I see some cool potential, if I'm understanding how the code it working. We can use it to pretty much write custom scripts that trigger on spell uses. So, if it can be coded in c#, it can be turned into a spell to be triggered on cast.
Hm, that seems like it could be really useful. If nothing else I might be able to implement some Climates&Calories spells. Make food? Dry clothes? Make fire?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Glad to see the mod being finally realized, I loved the idea ever since it was presented back than! Thanks! :D