[Mod] Basic Magic Regen

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Basic Magic Regen

Post by Magicono43 »

Released version 1.20 for DFU v0.13.4+:
-Adds Real-Time Regen Setting That "Ticks" Approximately Every 1 Real Second, This Is The New Default
-All Settings Can Now Be Altered While Currently Playing, From The Drop-down Menu At The Top-Left Of The Pause Screen
-Some Previous Settings Changed Or Removed
-Resting/Loitering Regen Changed Greatly
-Starving Vampires Will Now Only Regenerate Mana At 1/5th (20%) Their Normal Rate

deblue7

Post by deblue7 »

Not sure if another mod at play here but whenever I regen type to magic-rounds, by resting only 1 hour instantly regens max magicka. Maybe MIghty Magick?

Edit: Yes it was mighty magick, darn it!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

deblue7 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:34 pm Not sure if another mod at play here but whenever I regen type to magic-rounds, by resting only 1 hour instantly regens max magicka. Maybe MIghty Magick?
If Mighty Magick also has a magic regen component then yes. Basic Magic Regen now has a system for resting that only allows magic to regen in at least 4 hours and at most 11 hours depending on your settings and willpower. So if Mighty Magick has a regen setting probably want to turn that off if using both mods together.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

is it possible to make regen only work with no enemies around or is that resource intensive?

(similar to newer games)

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Regnier wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:20 am is it possible to make regen only work with no enemies around or is that resource intensive?

(similar to newer games)
It would be possible, but as you said likely resource intensive as there is no definitive "combat state" like in later games where the music changes and such, but it's basically just proximity based in DFU, which to be checking frequently takes alot of resources to check the position of all entities relative to the player.

Not saying it's impossible, but I prefer to keep my mods as process friendly as possible. But if I or somebody can think of a good way to do this without costing much in terms of performance I'd certainly consider it.

IWantMana

Post by IWantMana »

The mod doesn't work for me sometimes. Made a sorcerer and he doesn't regen mana. Made a mage and he has the regen.
I have no idea why it works for some of my characters and it doesn't for others. The multipliers are confusing and I am not sure if they work.

Also, is there a way to edit the mod so that I could make the regen overpowered? Considering that magic often doesn't even hit the target, I wanted to make the mod op just for myself, so that it is not 10% at 100 Willpower, but 50% or more.

I have no idea how mods are made or coding, but I might try to look up the tutorials and try to make a mod with a constant mana regen without the percentage and random. Just a steady mana regeneration every second would be nice.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

IWantMana wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:42 pm The mod doesn't work for me sometimes. Made a sorcerer and he doesn't regen mana. Made a mage and he has the regen.
I have no idea why it works for some of my characters and it doesn't for others. The multipliers are confusing and I am not sure if they work.

Also, is there a way to edit the mod so that I could make the regen overpowered? Considering that magic often doesn't even hit the target, I wanted to make the mod op just for myself, so that it is not 10% at 100 Willpower, but 50% or more.

I have no idea how mods are made or coding, but I might try to look up the tutorials and try to make a mod with a constant mana regen without the percentage and random. Just a steady mana regeneration every second would be nice.
Hey there, the reason the regen is working on the default class of mage but not sorcerer is because the sorcerer class has a trait "Unable to regenerate mana" in the vanilla game, of which this mod does follow when somebody decides to take that trait.

Also if you check the mod settings you can modify the regen amount quite a bit, so if you want it to be pretty OP, just modify some of the settings in your favor and it should hopefully be sufficient. You can even edit them while in-game by going to the pause screen and clicking the drop-down arrow on the left upper side of the screen.

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

There has to be some bug for tick settings, its way too fast.. its not 30 seconds, its increasing every 5 second, even with set to Tick=6, it should be 30 sec.
I dont understand first option Regen Type, im using 0, its not described in mod description on Nexus mods and tooltip is not helping.

Update: It one of choices which require whole restart of game, its stated that some choices needs it.. it would be nice to add them some * as note or something.. and i still not understand that first option.. and i would argue that even 30 sec is too fast and too big improvement. You can lower it by using flat instead of percentage, but still.

Update2: Hmm, i read other tooltip on Tick Frequesncy its working only for Regen Type 1, disable unused disabled bars (grey them at least) would be much better. Percentage mode is much more logical, but it giving me too much mana.. and if use those multipliers im not sure if ever will get some mana, results could be <1, its probably rounded to 1 as minimum.. or its somehow aggregate still its results 1 to make get mana slower than 1 point in 30 sec?, but im not sure if so flexible.. to aggregare results if its <1.

This is example how to make simple thing complicated, not great GUI design, great idea, but implementation is not great.
Some real life example of settings output would be nice too.

I also wonder if change of timescale variable would change behavior or not, im thinking about longer more realistic days..
- Update and made some testings and its depend on it.. some check box to make it independent would be nice..
It still need a bit qualityOfLife not yet done mods,more 3D models props(in HandmadeMod), 3D enemies not colliding with walls + some alternative Hexen 2 like hack&slash dance mod and it would be a dream. I played Ultima0+, but i know what i want :D