[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

Are you using readied spell casting mod that keeps the hands animating?

I know that mod is causing issues with the weapon renders when players equip spells and try to equip weapons again.

Let me check if I can replicate this in a build with my mod and hotbar only
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

l3lessed wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:12 pm Yeah, shoot me all the graphics you have. I also still have to include the HD shields I received to match the HD texture packs.
Those images are what I have CURRENTLY. now i can animate them to draw up from below the hud, pull upright as opposed to being relaxed off to the side of the body (a position you would use while swinging or running), extend the arm a tad, ect. I can also cut them up individually for you to insert to the game.
If you would like my to do ADDITIONAL work, let me know what you have in mind and i can see if i can help you out.
It worked as intended. I also checked the code, and there wasnt any real changes.
So my specific experience was that the tower and kite shields did not block when held, but bucklers and targes parried. if i recall correctly. I'll update to the newest version and load this as you said and give it a try, it's been a year since i tried, but i'll play it again real quick and tell you what happens.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

So now i'm getting a different issue - isolating the 14.5 mod playing 14.4 because it's all thats available - when I attack my view freezes to the direction i was facing and wont unfreeze until i go into settings and bring up the keymap, then i exit out of that back to the game and my view unlocks.
Haven't even tried it with PCO yet.

I have drag attack on and also tried directional attacks as well. remapped my attack buttons on my mouse... Not sure what's going on.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Odd, I'm not getting this with my engine editor version.

Let me try a compiled version, and play around some when I have the time.

Thanks for running it real quick.

NefariousTortoise

Post by NefariousTortoise »

l3lessed wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:12 pm Are you using readied spell casting mod that keeps the hands animating?

I know that mod is causing issues with the weapon renders when players equip spells and try to equip weapons again.

Let me check if I can replicate this in a build with my mod and hotbar only
The behavior still occurs with Readied Spellcasting hands mod uninstalled.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

This was not a mod conflict with readied spell casting for sure. Upon going through how my scripts where handling sheath and equipment states, it was not handling them properly when spell casting was being used.

I addressed this in my test version. It should not always update to the right equip state when going back to weapons from magic.

I need to do some more testing and I'll release a fix and update in next day or so.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

So now i'm getting a different issue - isolating the 14.5 mod playing 14.4 because it's all thats available - when I attack my view freezes to the direction i was facing and wont unfreeze until i go into settings and bring up the keymap, then i exit out of that back to the game and my view unlocks.
Haven't even tried it with PCO yet.

I have drag attack on and also tried directional attacks as well. remapped my attack buttons on my mouse... Not sure what's going on.
I don't know either. Maybe I need to playtest longer, but this is not happening for me. I ran it on a stand alone 14.4 build that was clean. Took the mod directly from my github and pasted it into the DFunity directory, booted up, fought a rat and bat, and couldn't get this issue to appear. I'm running completely clean, vanilla install with no other mods when I tested, and I only tested for a few minutes.

Can you try a completely clean install and the newest build of my mod on github and see if it still happens?
Last edited by l3lessed on Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Me, last post on previous page. Here are the exact steps I took for the bug to occur

1. Equip 2 handed weapon or 1 handed and shield
2. Assign spell to hotkey bar
3. Draw weapon
4. Use hotkey bar spell
5. Shield and 2 handed weapon disappears/becomes unusable until the game is restarted

Thanks for looking into it.
I think I fixed this issue. I uploaded my most recent build to my github. When you have a chance, can you try it again?

Also, readied spellcasting should work with this mod, as this mod doesn't touch the vanilla bowstate mechanics or the spellcasting script and mechanics in anyway. It merely hides and shutsdown parts of the mod until you go back to melee combat.

NefariousTortoise

Post by NefariousTortoise »

I just tested the updated mod and spellcasting is still broken. I have disabled every single mod except Ambidexterity. I thought it was the Hotkey Bar mod but the problem runs deeper, casting any spell at all makes Ambidexterity weapons turn invisible. It's a strange bug, the weapon turns invisible but I can still attack. If I equip the weapon again it plays the equipping sound as if I had it unequipped, even though I could still attack.

If it makes any difference I am running DFU 0.14.4. The mod says it is for 0.14.5. But I cannot find 0.14.5 anywhere, there is no mention of it even on the Discord. I assumed it was a mistake but if there really is a 0.14.5 out there that could be why I am experiencing this bug.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I just tested the updated mod and spellcasting is still broken. I have disabled every single mod except Ambidexterity. I thought it was the Hotkey Bar mod but the problem runs deeper, casting any spell at all makes Ambidexterity weapons turn invisible. It's a strange bug, the weapon turns invisible but I can still attack. If I equip the weapon again it plays the equipping sound as if I had it unequipped, even though I could still attack.

If it makes any difference I am running DFU 0.14.4. The mod says it is for 0.14.5. But I cannot find 0.14.5 anywhere, there is no mention of it even on the Discord. I assumed it was a mistake but if there really is a 0.14.5 out there that could be why I am experiencing this bug.
Odd, I'll do a longer playtest, and I'll play with the magic system and melee system more and see if I can figure out what it is causing this for you. One question, any custom texture/sprite replacers for the weapons or are we running vanilla sprites?