[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
TalonTarp

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by TalonTarp »

Also running into the locked camera position bug. Can't wait to use this though it looks AMAZING!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I also cant wait, I pray this project gets finished, its quite impressive

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Magic issue is fixed. It should operate like vanilla now. When not using a spell anymore, it should bring out the weapons automatically again. I had setup a improper method for hiding and showing the weapons during magic casting.

I'll see if I can sort out the drag issue and drop an update in next few days.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Drag issue fixed. Dropping update some time today.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I pushed the update to my github. The spell casting and weapon sensitivity issue should be fixed now. Thank you for testing and reporting.

Oh, I also tightened up the arcs on the right handed fist swing, as the current arc was way to large for the animation and attack style.

I also just realized, I haven't tested my new sheathing and weapon rendering code with a bow. This update may have issues with the bow rendering and hands rendering properly when switching between them. I'll check into this tomorrow.

Getting so close to a release version now. At this point, just having people test, bug smash, refactoring, and maybe adding one or two more things while I ensure it is stable and running.

TalonTarp

Post by TalonTarp »

I can look around now! Yay! However there's some more bugs and a few things I'd like to see added so here's muh list.

1.) The bow will not let you aim when you notch an arrow.

2.) The bow's attack direction indicator remains onscreen after firing.

3.) The default offhand key is the default attack key. This prevents you from attacking unless it is bound to something else.

4.) Forwards swing does not look anything like vanilla overhead and just sorta seems like the sword is being dropped.

5.) Would really like to see diagonal swings for vanilla input attacks. (nevermind this one, realized this was tied to movement attacks)

6.) If t all possible i would like to see Hold blocking be combined with parry by tapping block twice to initiate the parry and holding it to block as usual.

7.) When equipping a 1 handed weapon without a shield the fist does nothing. would be cool if it could punch.

8.) After trying to block without a shield in offhand and only a fist your weapon defaults to a weird angle off the bottom of the screen until weapon is swung again. It also makes the fist vanish for a moment.

9.) If you bring up the inventory and switch weapons mid swing your camera is locked in place during the weapon swap cooldown. Once completed the newly equipped weapon will swing and camera will be unlocked once more.

10.) 2 handed weapon has the off the bottom of the screen glitch and doesn't seem to have a parry/block animation.

11.) If Penwick papers mod is installed and block is set to LMB we get multiple left hands when throwing sand.

12.) Stamina is used even when no impact or parry has occurred. this is especially annoying to lose stamina while opening doors while your weapon is out.

13.) If turning quickly onscreen attack direction indicator is activated and stuck on that direction until weapon is swung. Even when no weapon is equipped. If using vanilla style swing attack comes out upon pressing RMB.

14.)Using classic animations 2 handed swords default to lower position in left hand.

15.) Switching to left hand while holding 2 handed sword makes it freak out and not tell where the sword sprite needs to be for a moment. Also the weapon swings don't seem to display properly.

16.) Parry with shield automatically does damage instead of just stunning the enemy for a moment. Feels kinda weird.

Think that's all I got for now. Will Post if i find more.
Last edited by TalonTarp on Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

NefariousTortoise

Post by NefariousTortoise »

Great work. This is now (once again) in a state where I can actively use it in my game. I will report any more bugs if I find any.

One minor feature request I have is for the hold attack option to mirror vanilla. Right now in Ambidexterity hold to attack literally means you hold the mouse button for a second to attack, while in vanilla DFU hold to attack attacks continuously to alleviate having to click spam in combat.

In regard to TalonTarp's point 16, I have to agree. I always thought it was kind of weird and even overpowered that blocking an enemy's attack does damage to them. It should simply stun an enemy for a second or two rather than dealing damage.

Edit: went in-game and found that my weapon is always drawn but invisible, similar to the bug I was getting before. If I load a fresh save I can swing my invisible weapon but it won't hit anything. If I draw and then sheath the weapon, the invisible weapon can now hit stuff.

Was also getting some strange sound bugs when attacking enemies where weapon sound effects would play more than once. Behavior does not occur with Ambidexterity disabled.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

11.) If Penwick papers mod is installed and block is set to LMB we get multiple left hands when throwing sand.
I should be able to fix that on my end (hopefully). I'll add that to my notes...
You shouldn't be able to throw sand or pebbles if your hands are otherwise occupied.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

If need, I can address this. This is a mod key binding overlap issue. I may have to deal with this on my end, which shouldn't be hard.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Edit: went in-game and found that my weapon is always drawn but invisible, similar to the bug I was getting before. If I load a fresh save I can swing my invisible weapon but it won't hit anything. If I draw and then sheath the weapon, the invisible weapon can now hit stuff.
I'll fix this today. I knew this was creeping through, but didn't address it last update.