Visitable Crypts

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
l3lessed

Re: Visitable Crypts

Post by l3lessed »

Could you make the other ones not dungeons but some form of a building interior that looks like a possible crypt? Just a thought/suggestion. Love the mod. More immersion the better always.

It would be more immersive/roleplaying. Bigger towns actively use their crypts, so they would have one routinely cleared out to bury fresh dead in. The older one would be the dungeon/infested one since it was completed and filled with bodies.
Last edited by l3lessed on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

l3lessed wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:12 pm Could you make the other ones not dungeons? but some form of a building interior that looks like a possible crypt? Just a thought/suggestion.
I'll think about it once all the town crypts in the game are finished.

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

Version 0.3.0 released!

Now town crypts of Sentinel are visitable.

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

Version 0.4.0 released!

Now town crypts of Wayrest are visitable.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Yagiza! Just a heads-up, a Visitable Crypts user on Twitter reported World Map broken in current version 0.11.1. This is probably an outcome of a couple recent changes to get location name and initial discovered flag from WorldData.

I tested Visitable Crypts myself and the only region I found broken was Sentinel. This is caused by a JSON parser issue due to a DungeonTypes enum in replacement WorldData being misspelled "Cemetry" instead of "Cemetery".

Code: Select all

Exception: Cannot find enum name Cemetry on type DaggerfallConnect.DFRegion+DungeonTypes
I located this typo in following file.

Code: Select all

location-20-341.json:        "DungeonType": "Cemetry",
Previously this wasn't an issue as the travel map didn't enumerate replacement data, so it wasn't likely to cause issues. Just fixing the spelling to "Cemetery" in that file fixes the problem for me.

There's also a short delay when opening a region with many replacements. I'll see if this can be improved for next release.

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

Thanx for the report. Will fix it.