[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR »

haloterm wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:53 pm W0000018.RDB has two big rooms on the upper floor. They were not connected properly for some time, which was fixed in DFU PR #2130 (https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/2130). The fix was adding a corridor.

When unofficial block, location and model fix is installed, this change is reverted, so the rooms are not connected anymore (making it impossible in some dungeons to reach one of the quest markers).
Good day Haloterm

Thanks for the report. I've already fixed this issue in my dev copy of the mod:
Fixed dungeon.jpg
Fixed dungeon.jpg (113.47 KiB) Viewed 1642 times

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

XJDHDR wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:08 pm Thanks for the report. I've already fixed this issue in my dev copy of the mod:
Cool, thank you! :)

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I've just released version 2021.09.00.

The main thing it does is port the engine fix for block W0000018 that Haloterm reported into the mod. Besides that, it includes some door fixes, including finally adding dungeon door sounds to the dungeon doors, fixed some missing faces on some furniture models, grounds some floating treasure in W0000016 and fixes Satakalaam having two taverns named "The Unfortunate Dagger" that Ralzar reported.

Edit: And I'm sorry about the long delay in getting this update done with little to show for it. It was a combination of real life commitments and getting distracted by other projects.
Ralzar wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:35 am Ran into two taverns with the same name in Satakalaam, Satakalaam.

The Unfortunate Dagger appears twice.
I found the cause of the bug. The location data for Satakalaam in the original game had the same name seed set for both of the taverns, which lead to both having the same name. I just gave one of the taverns a new seed and it is now called "The Thirsty Ogre".
Last edited by XJDHDR on Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Osorkon

Post by Osorkon »

Thank you XJDHDR for the update! I have missed my creaky dungeon doors. This mod is essential for me, I'm sure you spent a ton of time on it and I thoroughly appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Osorkon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:58 pm Thank you XJDHDR for the update! I have missed my creaky dungeon doors. This mod is essential for me, I'm sure you spent a ton of time on it and I thoroughly appreciate it. Keep up the good work!
You're welcome and thanks for the compliments. You're not wrong about the time I've spent on this. I spent a good portion of 2020 creating the initial release.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Hey, was watching ACNAero play some Daggerfall and he got sent to Lysandus' Tomb; there are some pretty nasty stretched textures there.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

13thsyndicate wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:15 pm Hey, was watching ACNAero play some Daggerfall and he got sent to Lysandus' Tomb; there are some pretty nasty stretched textures there.
Thanks for the report. I haven't visited Lysandus' Tomb yet, but I'll keep an eye out for those textures when I make it there.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=701

This is in Whitecroft Hall in Wayrest, another inn that doesn't show green on the map.

Outside The Yeomhart Graveyard in the Isle of Balfiera, there is a hedge with Z-fighting.

There is a floating plant hanging in midair in Atruza, Tigonus

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

13thsyndicate wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:59 pm https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=701

This is in Whitecroft Hall in Wayrest, another inn that doesn't show green on the map.
Are you sure you or whoever was playing had my mod installed correctly? I fixed that bug in version 2021.01.09.
Fixed tavern.png
Fixed tavern.png (67.95 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
13thsyndicate wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:59 pm Outside The Yeomhart Graveyard in the Isle of Balfiera, there is a hedge with Z-fighting.
Thanks. My current goal is to go through all of the game's graveyards and check them for errors. From what I've seen, all of them have some kind of problem.

13thsyndicate wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:59 pm There is a floating plant hanging in midair in Atruza, Tigonus

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
I can add it to my to-do list, but where exactly in Atruza can I find this?

Edit: NVM, I found it.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Are you sure you or whoever was playing had my mod installed correctly? I fixed that bug in version 2021.01.09.
Fixed tavern.png
Hm, last I checked I could swear I'm fully updated, but maybe I don't have the newest version, I'll check a little later.