Interesting Eroded Terrain

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Shapur

Re: Interesting Eroded Terrain

Post by Shapur »

haloterm wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:20 am
Freak2121 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:24 am This is a continuation/modification of Monobelisk's Interesting Terrains mod.
Hey,

I tested the mod in the new 0.13.0 version of DFU and it stopped working. That version changed a lot regarding shaders and the post processing.

0.13.0 is currently in a phase meant for modders to test and adjust their mods:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5092

Maybe as a starting point, from the player.log, I can see the following error thrown for IET:
ModManager - started loading mod: Interesting Eroded Terrains
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

ModManager - started loading mod: Distant Terrain
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)
Error (234): The type or namespace name `PostProcessing' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Error (): Object reference not set to an instance of an object

When you get time, could you please review your mod for 0.13.0? Thanks!

Edit: For now, I'll be using your older "Enhanced and Eroded Terrains" mod with 0.13.x, using a copy of my "arena2" folder. This one works just fine ^^
Are you sure? It seems to be working fine for me.
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Shapur wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:41 am Are you sure? It seems to be working fine for me.
Yes, quite.

This is how it looks when I add Interesting Eroded Terrain as only mod to an otherwise vanilla 0.13.0 (just left Privateer's Hold):

(But I have to correct what I said about the player log - the postprocessing part was aparantely referring to Distant Terrain, not IET. Still, the terrain itself is wrong).

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

Oh yeah,
It's broken.
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

Freak2121

Post by Freak2121 »

Oh dear, that might spell the end of this mod. I can't program at all, I have no idea where I would even begin with fixing this. :(

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Freak2121 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:22 am Oh dear, that might spell the end of this mod. I can't program at all, I have no idea where I would even begin with fixing this. :(
No worries. It is as it is.

Maybe one day Monobelisk can return and adjust his original mod and then you can add your terrain height map again.

For now I use your older Enhanced and Eroded terrains.

Freak2121

Post by Freak2121 »

It is now updated to work with the new version. It couldn't be done without the help of Interkarma. :D

I hope you guys enjoy, and give your thanks to him. :)

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Oh wow, thank you! Really really happy that you got it to work again!

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

haloterm wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:01 am
Shapur wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:41 am Are you sure? It seems to be working fine for me.
Yes, quite.

This is how it looks when I add Interesting Eroded Terrain as only mod to an otherwise vanilla 0.13.0 (just left Privateer's Hold):

(But I have to correct what I said about the player log - the postprocessing part was aparantely referring to Distant Terrain, not IET. Still, the terrain itself is wrong).
Looks a bit like the threshold value for water is slightly off. Should be correctable with changing a single float value.
In Julianos we Trust.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Daniel87 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:04 am Looks a bit like the threshold value for water is slightly off. Should be correctable with changing a single float value.
Already fixed thankfully :)

carademono

Post by carademono »

Hey Freak2121, I'm interested in playing around with the heightmap and derivative map a bit, but I can't figure out how to properly compile your mod. When I simply clone your repo and build the mod in Unity without changing anything, I end up with some strange results:

Could you please help me understand how to get the mod to build correctly? I'd like to try adjusting the coastline a bit, smoothing the roads, and potential created graded terrain to restore the lakes.