Interesting Eroded Terrain

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Freak2121

Re: Interesting Eroded Terrain

Post by Freak2121 »

Hey! I'm away from home, studying for final exams, so I can't check things but your issue looks familiar. Make sure the directory structure matches the one that the mod expects. I know that when downloading from Github, the name of the root folder can be modified. It gets turned into "DFUnity-InterestingErodedTerrains-main" while the mod files expect "InterestingErodedTerrains". Hope that helps! I really should get around to changing the folder names.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Thanks so much for answering! I'll double-check the directory structures. Do I need to import the map PSBs and PNGs with any particular setting checked in the Inspector?

Freak2121

Post by Freak2121 »

I always set them to use point filtering but it really shouldn't have a major effect.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Hmm, still no dice. One thing I notice is that your dfmod is 1,839 kb, but when I build a dfmod with the source from the repo, it's only 727 kb. It might help to include your .meta files in the repo.

There's a reason I'm hoping to play with the heightmap :) The World of Daggerfall team just added docks to all the port locations in the game, but IET moves the coastline much farther away from the locations than vanilla Daggerfall. I'm trying to move the docks closer to the cities, towns, etc.

Freak2121

Post by Freak2121 »

If you could send me a map of the changes you want or something along those lines I'd gladly modify it to match up with your mod. :)

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

carademono wrote: The World of Daggerfall team just added docks to all the port locations in the game
Is that a new update? I can see it still as hidden on Nexus mods ?

carademono

Post by carademono »

Freak2121 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:48 am If you could send me a map of the changes you want or something along those lines I'd gladly modify it to match up with your mod. :)
Just sent in a private message :)
haloterm wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:59 am Is that a new update? I can see it still as hidden on Nexus mods ?
Big new update! The whole Iliac Bay will have rocks, mountains, bandit forts, ruins, shrines, guard towers, and just now, actual ports. And we'll be adding new stuff (think orc camps, pirate islands, city outskirts and farmland, Dwemer ruins, etc) as fast as prefabbers can whip them up. We'll be releasing as soon as DF Unity 0.13.4 drops. If you like building stuff with the TES Construction Kit for Morrowind through Skyrim, please consider joining the team as a prefabber 8-)

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

carademono wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:25 pm
Freak2121 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:48 am If you could send me a map of the changes you want or something along those lines I'd gladly modify it to match up with your mod. :)
Just sent in a private message :)
haloterm wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:59 am Is that a new update? I can see it still as hidden on Nexus mods ?
Big new update! The whole Iliac Bay will have rocks, mountains, bandit forts, ruins, shrines, guard towers, and just now, actual ports. And we'll be adding new stuff (think orc camps, pirate islands, city outskirts and farmland, Dwemer ruins, etc) as fast as prefabbers can whip them up. We'll be releasing as soon as DF Unity 0.13.4 drops. If you like building stuff with the TES Construction Kit for Morrowind through Skyrim, please consider joining the team as a prefabber 8-)
Would be cool if you turned one of the islands into a maximum security prison island

hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

carademono wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:25 pm
Woah.. I stop playing Daggerfall for a couple months and now y'all hit me with this..

Does this mean Cybiades may finally get a shot at actually having things to offer? I'm so looking forward to this.

apprihensivsoul

Post by apprihensivsoul »

I know I mentioned this in the Comments on the Nexus page, but I haven't been able to work it out yet, so I figured after going through a debug I'd ask here because I really want to use this mod. Currently, for me, on Linux, it's completely broken. On a fresh install of DFU with this mod as the only active one, I get the missing terrain bug, where any outdoor locations just start me in blank space and attempts to use groundme or teleport fail. Any suggestions what I should bugcheck or could be causing this?