MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.7 released]

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
meritamas

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.6a released]

Post by meritamas »

TalonTarp wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:24 pm Heyo! Think I found a bug preventing the use of potions using this mod.

Edit-Turning off the unleveled spell options made it work properly again.

Thanks, TalonTarp, for the feedback. Could you please specify which potion you were tying to use? (I have used some potions - e.g. Cure Poison - without encountering this problem. One guess would be: is it a potion that has an effect that is not instantaneous, but lasts a certain number of magic rounds?)

Xipe-Totek wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:14 pm can you please update Advanced Teleportation mod? MMM looks very cool, but it changes the game too much, so it would be perfect for second walkthrough. and your teleportation mod is really wonderful, like it should have been done by developers. I'm not insisting, if you don't want to do that, that's okay. I just say it for you know that people would appreciate it

Hi Xipe-Totek and thanks for the feedback. If I remember right, it should be possible to use just the old Advanced Teleportation part of MMM. Have you tried turning off all other options, just leaving the old Advanced Teleportation option on?

A list of known issues follows. I will attempt a go at them in December.

ISSUE/2022-JUL-02/JayH - With retro rendering, MultiplyProvisions text is outside the box limits. UPDATE 2022-12-31: hopefully fixed in 0.6b
ISSUE/2022-OCT-22/TalonTarp - Unleveled spells prevents potions from working properly UPDATE 2022-12-31: hopefully fixed in 0.6b
ISSUE/2022-NOV-12/Xipe-Totek - would like just the Advanced Teleportation parts. Will try to test if the mod indeed works with the setting appropriate for this use.

And, we also have this older issue:
BUGREPORT/2022-APR-05/1 - (original on the 3rd page) some enemies that were spawned in dungeons as time progressed, could not hit the playr. Have not encountered the problem more recently. If the issue doesn't show itself in the next months, I will mark the issue as resolved.
Last edited by meritamas on Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TalonTarp

Post by TalonTarp »

It was a levitation potion. Another thing I noticed is enemies were not casting spells at me. I have been slowly playtesting and weeding out other mods though, so not 100% sure if it was this one but it's still something to look out for during testing.

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

TalonTarp wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:22 am It was a levitation potion. Another thing I noticed is enemies were not casting spells at me. I have been slowly playtesting and weeding out other mods though, so not 100% sure if it was this one but it's still something to look out for during testing.
EDIT: I deleted the original response in which I confirmed the existence of the issue.
Last edited by meritamas on Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

meritamas

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.6b released]

Post by meritamas »

0.6b released

Bugfix - Unleveled Spells - Potions & Text in Retro Rendering
- drinking a potion that requires a level check should now not produce an exception, but a potion effect at a random level between 10 and 15 (inclusive) - potion effects have thus been unleveled: they will now ignore the character (later on I plan to introduce variations in potion effect strength based on potion quality, but that is for a new feature release) (hopefully fixing ISSUE/2022-OCT-22/TalonTarp) - the obvious price is that the mod will henceforth be incompatible with any other mod that needs to override the Inventory Window

- in retro rendering, the spell description texts should now fit in the box they are supposed to (edited the text, broken it up into slightly more but shorter lines) - someone using retro rendering please give feedback (hopefully fixing ISSUE/2022-JUL-02/JayH)

This release is available for
DOWNLOAD HERE
Here you can find the dfmod file to add to your StreamingAssets/Mods folder.

Please do check out the dev posts on the first page of the thread.

Responses:
Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:04 pm With retro rendering, this text is outside the box limits:
I think this is now fixed with 0.6b. Would appreciate your feedback.
TalonTarp wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:22 am It was a levitation potion. Another thing I noticed is enemies were not casting spells at me. I have been slowly playtesting and weeding out other mods though, so not 100% sure if it was this one but it's still something to look out for during testing.
I think this is now fixed with 0.6b. Would appreciate your feedback.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

Koal

Post by Koal »

For some reason, when the Imp in the tutorial dungeon casted a spell, the message MMMFormulaHelper non-player-cast Damage-health effect (DEST) level: 2?

I found a.. piece of paper? MMM4910???

I'm starting to think my current mods are conflicting with this one...

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Koal wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:16 am For some reason, when the Imp in the tutorial dungeon casted a spell, the message MMMFormulaHelper non-player-cast Damage-health effect (DEST) level: 2?
I think Imps are a level-2 creatures, so if one casts a spell, it would be a level-2 spell. I think these messages can be turned off through mod options.
Koal wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:16 am I found a.. piece of paper? MMM4910???

I'm starting to think my current mods are conflicting with this one...
The MMM<number> artifacts should disappear when the enemy dies. This is part of the mechanism I use in unleveled enemies. Because, in classic, the player's level determines a lot of the stats and other characteristics of an enemy, these enemy particulars are not saved. I didn't want deterministic logic here. I also didn't want the same enemy to be re-randomized each time after save/load or enter/exit (e.g., if using persistent dungeons). As I wanted a somewhat decent way of unleveling this, I wished to devise a mechanism to yield results that have a random element in them, but at the same time, the same results for the same enemy after save/load or enter-exit. It seemed reasonable to find something that does get saved and work through that. Enemy inventory. That is one thing that does get saved. So, I add an artifact that tells MMM the random seed used to generate the characteristics of the given enemy, if they have already been generated. If the mod finds that such an artifact is present, the indicated seed is used. If not, a random random seed is used and an artifact is placed in the enemy's inventory.
The <number> part in the item name is the random seed, if I remember correctly (I have been thinking of expanding on this, but I am not sure if any of that is implemented yet.).

The player should never encounter an MMM artifact because I have an event handler to get rid of them on enemy death. If I knew more about the particular circumstances of you finding the MMM artifact, perhaps we could figure out what it is that doesn't work properly in your case.

meritamas

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.7 released]

Post by meritamas »

0.7 released

New Major Feature - Spell Missile Speeds
- the speed of spell missiles of the player now depends on (requires the XPTallies feature) (from around 0.5x to around 3x vanilla spell missile speeds) - Credits due to Interkarma, for without his idea and the insight into where the given prefab is, this change would now have been implemented. Thank you.
- the speed of spellcasting enemies now depends on their enemy level (requires Unleveled Enemies main feature) (from around 0.5x to around 2.5x vanilla spell missile speeds)

Integrated mods - Unleveled and Extra Strong Enemies - MMM now integrates
- a version of the functionality of JayH's Unleveled Mobs mod (does not contain the 'unlimited quests' part)
- a version of Hazelnut & Ralzar's MeanerMonsters mod
This started out mainly as a QoL feature for me - I don't need to add two more mods. Integrating the mods like this is also a useful way of guaranteeing compatibility (no need to worry about load order etc.).

Feature Improvement - Unleveled and Extra Strong Enemies
New monster types included in Extra Strong monsters. All currently included types:
- Spellcasters: VampireAncient, AncientLich, DaedraLord, OrcShaman, DaedraSeducer, Daedroth, FireDaedra, FrostDaedra, Wraith, Imp
- Non-spellcasters: Werewolf, Wereboar, Giant, Harpy, Dragonling_Alternate (the ones I like to think of as dragons), SkeletalWarrior, Zombie, Mummy, OrcWarlord

Feature Improvement - Unleveled and Extra Strong Enemies
For random encounters outside dungeons, we use a baselevel calculated based on the place and time of encounter (climate, night/daytime, at location). The level of the class enemy can then be
- 10%-10%-10% chance of enemy at baselevel-4 .. .. baselevel +3
- 10% chance of an enemy level lower than baselevel-4 (down to baselevel-10)
- 10% chance of an enemy level higher than baselevel+3 (up to baselevel+9)

This release is available for
DOWNLOAD HERE
Here you can find the dfmod file to add to your StreamingAssets/Mods folder.

Please do check out the dev posts on the first page of the thread.

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Updated the list of known issues and added it to the development posts for easier reference.

Also, I am planning to do some work on MMM during the Advent and/or Christmas season. An upgrade to 0.16.2 RC, some testing and a few smaller features can probably be accomplished.
In the scenario most favorable to MMM, I will have time to write some TerrainSampler-Roads-related code too. But that is less probable than 50-50, at least at this point. Still, there is a chance...

kiramarshiku

Post by kiramarshiku »

I saw an earlier post about the Advanced Teleportation mod and I tried using only that part. It actually functioned but unfortunately seemed to have an effect on the cost of certain spells in an existing save. I don't know if it's a conflict with the Unleveled Spells mod (I use a ui replacement and any part of your mod that requires it's own spellbook window just crashed the game even if I removed the spellbook texture, probably a conflict with UncannyUI) or just that it was an existing save but I had spells like sleep jump up into around 300 spell points to cast. This was just a premade spell I bought at the mages guild, not a custom one. Just thought you should know, of course disregard if it's a mod conflict. I'll also try it later with no ui mods but I wish I could use one with this mod.