MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.7 released]

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
meritamas

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [new long-term project]

Post by meritamas »

Alternative attribute and skill system code published. See the dev posts on the first page.

meritamas

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.1.0 released]

Post by meritamas »

v0.1.0 released. See dev posts on the first page.

I am already thrilled I can play it :)
Open to input as to what could be added/changed to make the mod more suitable to others.

Jay_H

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.1.0 released]

Post by Jay_H »

Unleveled Enemies - makes dungeon mob level contingent on Dungeon Quality Level, the level of random encounters will still use PC character level as input but a large degree of randomness is also introduced
Ooh, this is excellent. I don't want people using my Unleveled Mobs mod anymore, so if you have a replacement, that'll be great.

domlesombre

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.1.1 released]

Post by domlesombre »

Hello
I would like to know what i am supposed to do with the .cs files i dowloaded from your github. I tried to put the teleport.cs into the streamingassets/mod directory but nothing changed. I couldn't find any .cs file in any other directories so i am a little lost.
Unless those files are unfinised mod still in working progress?

Would really like to try unleveled enemy and teleport but i don't know how. Could you spare some informations on how to install your mods? It would be really great.

Also i tried to use your advanced teleportation mod found on nexus mod. With the current DFU, (12.3 if i am correct) it breaks the teleportation spell, freezing the game if you try to drop an anchor, even in new save game ;)

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

domlesombre wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:56 am Hello
I would like to know what i am supposed to do with the .cs files i dowloaded from your github. I tried to put the teleport.cs into the streamingassets/mod directory but nothing changed. I couldn't find any .cs file in any other directories so i am a little lost.
Unless those files are unfinised mod still in working progress?

Would really like to try unleveled enemy and teleport but i don't know how. Could you spare some informations on how to install your mods? It would be really great.

Also i tried to use your advanced teleportation mod found on nexus mod. With the current DFU, (12.3 if i am correct) it breaks the teleportation spell, freezing the game if you try to drop an anchor, even in new save game ;)
Hi, the source files are only for those who are interested in the code. To try, download a dfmod file from a release. See the picture below (you should see a page like that if you click on the github link that is there now). Will also add a link to the releases section to the dev page in a few minutes.
2021-10-15.png
2021-10-15.png (103.27 KiB) Viewed 8154 times

chantling

Post by chantling »

Hi meritamas, thanks for this mod. I'm using the advanced teleportation portion only of this mod, and it crashes DFU when setting or recalling to an anchor if your luck is >=60. Did some investigating and looks like the issue is in mmmformulahelper.cs, line 161. The while loop is checking pointsToDistribute, but it's decrementing pointsLeft instead, so anytime the function is called it gets stuck in and endless loop. I changed it to decrement pointsToDistribute and it works like a charm. Thanks again for this mod. I've been wanting multiple teleport anchors in Daggerfall since around 1998 or so :D

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

chantling wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:38 am Hi meritamas, thanks for this mod. I'm using the advanced teleportation portion only of this mod, and it crashes DFU when setting or recalling to an anchor if your luck is >=60. Did some investigating and looks like the issue is in mmmformulahelper.cs, line 161. The while loop is checking pointsToDistribute, but it's decrementing pointsLeft instead, so anytime the function is called it gets stuck in and endless loop. I changed it to decrement pointsToDistribute and it works like a charm. Thanks again for this mod. I've been wanting multiple teleport anchors in Daggerfall since around 1998 or so :D
Thank you for the kind words. You're welcome. One of my hopes is that the published ideas and code will be useful to others as well.
Will definitely have a look at the issue and fix the bug in the next release (planned for the next few weeks or so). It is particularly convenient that you supplied not only the problem, but a solution as well :)

About teleportation: perhaps this year, perhaps the next, I plan to add a new teleportation spell effect that would allow you to teleport to Mages Guild teleport locations. (Would require a high attribute + skill to do but would be even more convenient. My reasoning is the following. First. There must be some magic there that enables that travel. If there is, it should be possible to tap into these. Second. Official authorities here on Earth are usually not the best at anything - it is reasonable to think the Mages Guild is similar. Good and all, but the very best and strongest wizards do not follow its rules. So, someone who is truly one of the best mages of the age (strong attrib+skill) should be able to breach through any measures the Guild has placed to prevent outsiders from accessing their network.)

Another thing I would like in the long-term is a teleport spell that would take you anywhere, using the map. Still stronger magic would be required but should also be possible with enough Mysticism and Willpower.

Do you think other people might use such effects if they were made available?
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

v0.2.0 released.

New features.
- Minimum spell magicka cost override. 5 in vanilla. Can be set to as low as 1.
- Intelligence requirement for Purchasing Spells. Overrides the SpellBook window - if a given spell cost more magicka to cast than your intelligence, you can't buy it.

Bugs fixed:
- A bug that caused the game to hang if spell cast and Luck>60. (thanks chantling)
- A bug that kept reseting the simulation speed to 1 when enemies were around (even if it was already 1).

See dev posts on the first page.

Jay_H

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.2.0 released]

Post by Jay_H »

Wow, this sounds great! Cool!

Jay_H

Re: MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod [v0.2.2 released]

Post by Jay_H »

I'm trying this mod out in Linux DFU 0.13.4 and get the following error in the player log, with no other mods enabled:

Code: Select all

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Entity.DaggerfallSkills.GetLiveSkillValue (DaggerfallConnect.DFCareer+Skills skill) [0x00000] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0 
  at MTMMM.MMMFormulaHelper.GetSpellLevel1 (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.IEntityEffect effect) [0x0005a] in <0f4e8c5dbbd24badbc0f136880ef395b>:0 
  at MTMMM.MMMFormulaHelper.GetSpellLevelForGame (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Entity.DaggerfallEntity casterDummy, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.IEntityEffect effect) [0x00000] in <0f4e8c5dbbd24badbc0f136880ef395b>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Formulas.FormulaHelper.CalculateCasterLevel (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Entity.DaggerfallEntity caster, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.IEntityEffect effect) [0x0000e] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.BaseEntityEffect.SetDuration () [0x0001b] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.BaseEntityEffect.Start (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager manager, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Entity.DaggerfallEntityBehaviour caster) [0x0000e] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.MagicEffects.IncumbentEffect.Start (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager manager, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Entity.DaggerfallEntityBehaviour caster) [0x00000] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.MagicEffects.PassiveSpecialsEffect.Start (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager manager, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Entity.DaggerfallEntityBehaviour caster) [0x00000] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager.AssignBundle (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectBundle sourceBundle, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.AssignBundleFlags flags) [0x0029f] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager.PassiveSpecialsCheck () [0x00071] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager.Update () [0x00083] in <45ce8c7efd2144b2b0571e3a18347a8c>:0