[MOD] Ironman Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Ironman Options

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, yeah I think I got confused about how the isResting and IsLoitering bools get handled I'll take a look at it.

I have just coded up a solution to the C&C problem. I'll test it later today to see if it actually works.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v 1.1.2 released

Loitering no longer creates a save.

If you update both this and Climates & Calories, saving by using campfires will now work.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Thanks for the quick fix Ralzar :D

Osorkon

Post by Osorkon »

Thanks for making this mod, Ralzar - I play with most of yours enabled and they've completely changed my game experience for the better.

For example, I just buried my latest Wood Elf - he left his camping equipment behind when he got woken up by a Giant and had to run away, but he really didn't want to slow down, so instead of detouring to a town and buying more he kept on walking through the wilderness. He then proceeded to take a nap in the mountains, took a massive fatigue hit from Climates & Calories for sleeping on the ground, collapsed from exhaustion, and got smashed by the Giant that woke him up.

10/10 would recommend.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Haha nice.

I have been playing quite a bit with this mod lately and yeah, I have had to learn a bunch of stuff like that the hard way. There is no longer any room for taking risks. It always ends up with your permanent death in the end it seems :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Updated to v 1.2.1
settings.png
settings.png (128.07 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
I have now added an optional feature to Ironman Options where you can start with a set amount of lives that will tick down each time you die. The way this works is that you set one or more ways the mod makes a permanent save (or checkpoint if you will). Upon dying, the permanent save is not deleted, but with this fature active there is a number at the end of the save name which ticks down for each time you die. If this is at 0, the save gets deleted upon the next death.

As you can see there is also an option for gaining an extra life each time you level up. I will hopefully add more options for gaining lives as I come up with ideas and figure out how to implement them.

At the moment an interesting way I can see to play with this mod is to set it to start with 0 lives, have no max limit of lives and then add a life on level up. So it is pure ironman when you start out and then you can gain some lives by managing to level up without dying.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.2.2

-Bugfix to enter/exit saves

If either outside or dungeon enter/exit saves was active, they both triggered.

Lorex

Post by Lorex »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:47 am
As far as I can think of, there is no way to exploit the ESC save.
There is a way to exploit it, if you use the "non-fullscreen" interface you can reload the ESC save by clicking Options, then load. A way to solve it should be to save when the Option Menu appears and not when you press ESC, if that is possible.

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

If you're using the Travel Options mod and you fall through the ground during time acceleration (especially when riding a horse), then try switching off the "Ironman Saves" setting in this mod (that's the one that autosaves every five minutes). It could be a contributing factor, but more testing is needed to confirm this.

If you're worried about the game crashing and losing your progress, then you can force an ironman save by pressing the Esc key (or whatever key you have set to the options menu) and pressing the "Continue" button to return to the game.