3d creatures and characters

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
SoupDragon

Re: 3d creatures and characters

Post by SoupDragon »

Thank you very much.

Might as well show some more stuff ive made, though some of these bits are still a bit sketchy.

I was going to focus on animation but the 3rd person character rig ive made keeps annoying me since the drivers are moving bones in the opisite direction to what their suposed to which is resulting in characters deforming like the thing. First person animations are comming along somewhat better though i still need to make the shields which is going to slow things down a bit.

So ive made some textures instead, work in progress still
Spoiler!
First person view of the iron longsword
animationtest.png
animationtest.png (535.23 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
a horse
horse.png
horse.png (507.31 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
and a carridge
horseandcarridge.png
horseandcarridge.png (742.02 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

Also a giant spider I just painted. Again very work in progress. spioled especially for anyone with aracnophobia
Spoiler!
creepycrawley.png
creepycrawley.png (672.24 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

SoupDragon wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:59 pm I was going to focus on animation but the 3rd person character rig ive made keeps annoying me since the drivers are moving bones in the opisite direction to what their suposed to which is resulting in characters deforming like the thing.
If you want to, or need help.
I could potentially check your work files to see what's causing this issue, fix it and tell you what the cause is.
If you've not had much experience 3D animating in blender there are a million ways to mess things up or accidentally delete your own animations even, and you might not even have a clue why that's happening at first.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

SoupDragon wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:02 am Also a giant spider I just painted. Again very work in progress. spioled especially for anyone with aracnophobia
Very well done, and thanks for the spoiler! As an arachnophobe, I hate it! :lol:

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

I would be greatfull if you could have a look at the rig, you can leave a message about the best way of sending the file over.

To detail the issues with the rig, most of the problems are with helper bones for the sholder and hip. For the hip i'm finding that peices of geometry are being torn from the body. Initially I thought this might be due to the weight painting but any wait paint I do the problem remaines, so I think the problem may be due to some checkbox or setting ive missed. For the sholder helper bone im just finding it dificult to control so I deleted its drivers, though in retrospect the problem may be due to bone roation, scale, etc. In the file ive kept the mesh and armeture unparented for easy editing since this is my first attempt at rigging.

Also, I would be remissed at not sugesting a colaburation since the mods we are working on are quite simillar. At the very least there some models I have made I could provide for the completion of your mod i.e. the werewolf, wereboar, giant bat, giant scorpion, giant spider and grizzly bear.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

You can upload the model in question to google drive and link it to me via PMs.
That's a curious problem, I'm intrigued at what might be causing this, but I'll see it when I can properly dig in.

Hehe, yeah 3D projects come and go and both of us are very far in the completion department. We have a vastly different approach to how we style our work though, so there would be a lot of visual inconsistencies if merged together.
Nevertheless, more options in the visual department allow for better customisation of experiences for the user. :D
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

:) Soup, Dragon? Me and Ninelan are working on bringing Daggerfall to 3D, I handle the programming. Please join us on DFU's Discord so we can coordinate our efforts: https://discord.gg/2PfVxANG

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Sorry for my delay on coding the movement and animation scripts in for these things. Been busy with life, and then other mods need polished off also. I'll get back to the animation work in the next month probably.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

Apologies for not posting in the thread for a bit. I've kept at modeling more of daggerfall's assets in 3D and have largly finished work on artifacts, shields and items and am mainly working on stuff like armor and cloting now. One Idea Ive had is their could be an item like a taloring kit as in morrowind that converts capes so they can be worn over armor (see chainmail armor with cape). That cape and others can just be remodeled over any normal clothing model and maybe in game can be swiched back and forth by a consumable item.
Spoiler!
Chainmail armor set
Chainmail set.png
Chainmail set.png (991.46 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
Items
Items.png
Items.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 3424 times
3D Artifacts
Artifacts.png
Artifacts.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 3424 times

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

Here are some more work in progress armors also.
Spoiler!
Steel armor set - mostly finished at this point
Steel set.png
Steel set.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 3424 times
Iron and elven armor sets - not as finished but still worth sharing
Iron and Elven work in progress.png
Iron and Elven work in progress.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 3424 times