3d creatures and characters

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
charlieg

Re: 3d creatures and characters

Post by charlieg »

They really look incredible.

These projects are a labour of love. I really hope you can somehow see it through.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

Slowly getting torough the list of clothing.
Because of the sheer amount of npc clothing it has taked some time. I'd say im roughly 2/3 through modeling though I've yet to do uv's or textures for any of these yet. My plan is to basicly just to get them all modeled, then i'll give them another pass and improve the materials as well as give any finishing touches i.e. proper joints to prevent cliping on the knees and elbows.

Some examples of npc clothing...
Spoiler!
work in progress for one of the commoner clothing sets (texture 184_0 in the DFU viewer)
Commoner clothing (184_0).png
Commoner clothing (184_0).png (458.6 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
Some of the male clothing sets i've done so far (from folder 182 in the viewer)
Male commonor clothing part 1.png
Male commonor clothing part 1.png (956.28 KiB) Viewed 3734 times

duendeinexistente

Post by duendeinexistente »

Aw man, those armor sets are sexy.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

wow! our hopes and dreams go with you, really looking forward to 3d items in daggerfall!

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

Quick update. Ive given almost all of the npc clothing a firrst pass now. A rough list of things I need to get done is:
finish off and do a second pass for npc clothing (Add details, improve materials)
finish first and then second pass for player clothing
Finish armor
Make statues
Paint skin details for characters (skin, scale (argonian), fur (khajiit)) + make alternate eye colors
Hair and Beaerds
finish creature models
rig creatures
weight paint clothing and armor
get everything animated
package into mod
blendshapes for character body and clothing/armor morphing (might do, might not)
Spoiler!
Castle Guards.png
Castle Guards.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 3508 times
Female clothing.png
Female clothing.png (847.7 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
Enemy npc armors and clothing female.png
Enemy npc armors and clothing female.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3508 times

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

Here's some work ive done on creatures as well
Spoiler!
Daedroth.png
Daedroth.png (762.12 KiB) Viewed 3507 times
Spriggan.png
Spriggan.png (353.57 KiB) Viewed 3507 times
Ice atronauch Frost Daedra Flesh Atronauch.png
Ice atronauch Frost Daedra Flesh Atronauch.png (870.9 KiB) Viewed 3507 times

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Out of curiousity & concern (because we've seen this story before) where are you keeping all this work?

Don't rely on a hard drive. That story I've alluded to, one that has occured many times on this forum & elsewhere, ends in tears after hardware failure.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

charlieg wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:44 pm Out of curiousity & concern (because we've seen this story before) where are you keeping all this work?

Don't rely on a hard drive. That story I've alluded to, one that has occured many times on this forum & elsewhere, ends in tears after hardware failure.

Awesome work! And totally what Charlieg said...

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

Don't worry, I keep everything backed up in several different places. I'm planning to get everything finished and release it in one go. With the art assets nearly done, asuming the animation process and porting to unity goes smoothly I should be done relitivly soon.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

Quick update:
I've updated to a new computer after the old one started to die and I had to have a bit of a break as a result. I'm starting to get back on track now and have finished almost all of the clothing and armour models on top of the weapon and shield models being already finished. Mostly I just have texture baking to do and I think I only have about 10 or so remaining clothing and armour sets that are not modelled. The clothing and armour models are modelled from the roughly 200 clothing item sprites and 250 npc sprites and armour sets (albeit with a lot of copy paste sprites), so over 90% of them have been modelled.

I'm also mostly finished on the modelling side for animals, creatures, carriages, etc. though many of these still need their textures to be done. For some of the creatures that have fur I might later try baking hair particles to a texture and see how that works out. I have also begun work on some other bits such as a paper travel map, as well as a few extras which are very work in progress a might not be finished for a wile, such as a ship and airship (both have placeholder textures).

Here are some of the finalised armour set designs (now finalised each are about 25-30k tris total)
Spoiler!
Leather, Chain and Iron
armor sets 1.png
armor sets 1.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 2899 times
Steel, Silver and Elven
armor sets 2.png
armor sets 2.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 2899 times
Ship and airship
ship and airship.png
ship and airship.png (678.4 KiB) Viewed 2899 times