Disjointed dungeon

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
warlock99

Disjointed dungeon

Post by warlock99 »

Hello. After running around in a dungeon for a while unable to find the quest objective, I decided to look up some console commands that could help me, but after using the console I noticed: this dungeon is a mess!
2021_12_14_01_22_30.jpg
2021_12_14_01_22_30.jpg (201.41 KiB) Viewed 696 times
It has disjointed pieces of layout all over the place and the problem is the quest objective seems to frequently spawns in one of the rooms floating in the void. This is the second time it happened to me. First time I failed the quest because I didn't think of using console commands, but this time I did and found the Atronach I had to kill for the Mages Guild quest.

Strange thing is: it's always this one layout with the pit and the rope bridges where this occurs.
2021_12_14_02_06_04.jpg
2021_12_14_02_06_04.jpg (156.35 KiB) Viewed 696 times
I would imagine it's because I have the small dungeons experimental setting on, but it seems very stable to me. I have played DFU for over 50h this past few weeks and this only occurred to me twice, on the same layout.

So if anyone else is also struggling with finding quest objectives in a dungeon, specially this one layout, I recommend looking up some console commands like:
* map_revealall
* map_teleportmode
* tele2qmarker
* tele2exit
Here is a complete list: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall_Mod ... ty/Console

Jay_H

Re: Disjointed dungeon

Post by Jay_H »

The little rooms off on the edges are part of Daggerfall's design; they're called border blocks ;) You can read about their purpose here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Dun ... eon_Blocks

This subforum's usually for a specific request for help, so I'll move this over to General instead (unless I misread it, which can also happen).

warlock99

Post by warlock99 »

Yeah, sorry about that. Originally I though quest items/monsters were spawning in inaccessible rooms. In my case it was in a room floating above the dungeon. I did use map_revealall and could not find a way up there, but I decided to look more thoroughly for a teleporter or something and eventually found a mechanism that opened a way. Thank God for console commands though.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No worry at all, we're just glad people are enjoying the game :)