[WIP] Better Random Encounters Mod

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Magicono43

[WIP] Better Random Encounters Mod

Post by Magicono43 »

Decided to just make a short proof of concept video on this mod I am currently working on. Basically random encounters, but not using the quest system built into the game, which adds it's own challenges but removes many restrictions and down-sides using that system brings. Starting simple, but slowly building more features to allow for more interesting and complex encounters to be created.

meritamas

Re: [WIP] Better Random Encounters Mod

Post by meritamas »

These seems awesome!

Just speculating. Will it be possible to spawn in-game customized characters that can under certain circumstances help you and under some other circumstances turn against you and attack you?
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

meritamas wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:39 am These seems awesome!

Just speculating. Will it be possible to spawn in-game customized characters that can under certain circumstances help you and under some other circumstances turn against you and attack you?
Depends on what you mean by "Customized characters" like I attach almost any value I want to the things I can spawn in, I could give them certain items upon being created and stuff like that, I can change their "team" so they will either attack the player immediately or not, attack other types of enemies or not, etc.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

if people submit their character models, can you use them as adventurers that you meet in the world?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Regnier wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:48 pm if people submit their character models, can you use them as adventurers that you meet in the world?
Probably could, but don't really plan on doing any of that atm, just using the vanilla unmodded assets that are currently available for the time being. I'm still trying to get this code to be concise and easy to add/remove from before I go crazy on adding the actual individual encounters, etc.