[MOD] Darker Dungeons

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Arneb

Re: [MOD] Darker Dungeons

Post by Arneb »

Sorry for the late reply: I just tried to deactivate everything not necessary as you suggested, and it actually works. Now I'm gonna try to deactivate one mod at a time, maybe I'll discover what is causing the problem.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Arneb wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:43 pm Sorry for the late reply: I just tried to deactivate everything not necessary as you suggested, and it actually works. Now I'm gonna try to deactivate one mod at a time, maybe I'll discover what is causing the problem.
Start with Distant Terrain if you have that. It's causing random bugs in other mods.

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Hi Ralzar, I am loving Darker Dungeons.

I have an enhancement request: Could you make it so that if I pick up a lit torch or candle, it is automatically equipped. I think it makes more sense to use a lit torch than to pocket it.

thanks,
a

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:57 pm
Arneb wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:43 pm Sorry for the late reply: I just tried to deactivate everything not necessary as you suggested, and it actually works. Now I'm gonna try to deactivate one mod at a time, maybe I'll discover what is causing the problem.
Start with Distant Terrain if you have that. It's causing random bugs in other mods.
I was finally able to isolate the culprit: it was the (not working) Third Person Camera. Now I've learned not to keep non-functional mod just for the sake of it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Is it possible to set Darker Dungeons mod in a way it behaves like Torch Taker? In a sense, it does not remove any lightsources from the game & does not turn the torches off - it just allows player to take torch off the wall?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

King of Worms wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:17 am Is it possible to set Darker Dungeons mod in a way it behaves like Torch Taker? In a sense, it does not remove any lightsources from the game & does not turn the torches off - it just allows player to take torch off the wall?
If you set Auto Douse Or Remove to "Off" it acts pretty much the same as Torch Taker except lets you extiguish light sources and take light sources, including stealing oil from lanterns.

Edit: there is also the middle ground "Douse Only" which does not remove any light sources but does douse them if there is no humanoids spawned nearby.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Got it thanks, will test it some more and change DREAM recomendation from Torch taker to this

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

King of Worms wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:06 pm Got it thanks, will test it some more and change DREAM recomendation from Torch taker to this
Cool. Btw, I saw you had Paint&Dyes listed under not compatible with DREAM. The only thing not compatible is the bottle inventory sprites, same as RP&R or C&C inventory items. The actual clothing and armor will use DREAMs textures. Unless you install the optional additional file for vanilla textures, obviously.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Oh I see, will have to check it as well, thanks for info

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

King of Worms wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:10 pm Oh I see, will have to check it as well, thanks for info
Yeah, Paints and Dyes actually worked better with DREAM than vanilla because DREAM had a bunch of clothing colors vanilla did not have. So I had to make the vanilla ones and include in an optional file :D