[MOD] Transparent Windows

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Macadaynu

Re: [MOD] Transparent Windows

Post by Macadaynu »

Version 0.4.0

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/302

- Interior Fireplace and Rain SFX added
- Exterior windows now correctly show blue / yellow emission
- Orsinium location fixed
- Teleport issue fixed
- Potential snowing in dungeon on load fixed
- Compatibility for the upcoming Finding My Religion mod

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

A great update for an excellent mod. Thank you, Macadaynu!

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I've noticed that this mod throws the following exception if you try to load a save game inside an interior while the "Combine RMB" option is disabled. This exception also leaves you stuck on a black screen. Not sure if you want to do something about this, since this would only affect people running the game in the Editor.

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
TransparentWindowsModMod.TransparentWindowsMod.SetupInterior () (at <1ab55c497cfa4cb2b1eccdfa4aa05c01>:0)
TransparentWindowsModMod.TransparentWindowsMod.OnTransitionToInterior (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit+TransitionEventArgs args) (at <1ab55c497cfa4cb2b1eccdfa4aa05c01>:0)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit.RaiseOnTransitionInteriorEvent (DaggerfallWorkshop.StaticDoor staticDoor, DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallInterior daggerfallInterior) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/PlayerEnterExit.cs:1460)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit.TransitionInterior (UnityEngine.Transform doorOwner, DaggerfallWorkshop.StaticDoor door, System.Boolean doFade, System.Boolean start) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/PlayerEnterExit.cs:807)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit.StartBuildingInterior (DaggerfallConnect.DFLocation location, DaggerfallWorkshop.StaticDoor exteriorDoor, System.Boolean start) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/PlayerEnterExit.cs:1032)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit+<Respawner>d__105.MoveNext () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/PlayerEnterExit.cs:545)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <028e4d71153d4ed5ac6bee0dfc08aa3b>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

King of Worms wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:48 pmIts kind of in works, copied the necessary files in the folder, now I need to do the deed... but Im lazy :X and also busy.
Hi KOW,

Any update on these? Was thinking if you're too busy I could do the textures for you, I'd just need the original DREAM window textures sending over so I could make them transparent?

Thanks

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Macadaynu wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:44 pm
King of Worms wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:48 pmIts kind of in works, copied the necessary files in the folder, now I need to do the deed... but Im lazy :X and also busy.
Hi KOW,

Any update on these? Was thinking if you're too busy I could do the textures for you, I'd just need the original DREAM window textures sending over so I could make them transparent?

Thanks
Hi mate, I was thinking about it and yes, Im partially burned out with the project so I would really welcome if you could do that. I will make a pack and send it, thanks a lot!

Ive noticed 340_2-0 was missing in my mod, so I created that texture a new and added to the pack.

If I remember right, we agreed that 50% transparency looks ideal as 30% was too transparent.

Anyway, its here:
https://easyupload.io/i4bhek

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:19 pm
If I remember right, we agreed that 50% transparency looks ideal as 30% was too transparent.
Yeah that's great, I'll get on it when I can,

Děkuji ;)

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:19 pm
Hi mate, I was thinking about it and yes, Im partially burned out with the project so I would really welcome if you could do that. I will make a pack and send it, thanks a lot!
Hi KOW,

So I've done all the textures you've sent over, here's a few examples of how it's looking:
Daggerfall_Unity_17-Jul-22_11_08_43_PM.png
Daggerfall_Unity_17-Jul-22_11_08_43_PM.png (1.81 MiB) Viewed 2402 times
Daggerfall_Unity_18-Jul-22_10_41_24_PM-min.png
Daggerfall_Unity_18-Jul-22_10_41_24_PM-min.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 2402 times
Daggerfall_Unity_19-Jul-22_4_11_34_PM-min.png
Daggerfall_Unity_19-Jul-22_4_11_34_PM-min.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2402 times

There's one that is missing I spotted, could you send 337_2-0 over as well please?

Also I need to get emission working for the exterior windows when looking at them from indoors. Could you send me one exterior window texture (any will do) with the emission map so I can test it please?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, looking really lovely!

Ive added a folder with all 4 mages interior windows, they were missing.

Than there is a folder with exterior window with emission.

And another folder with exterior windows with colored emission - those are used for temples and mages guilds in dream.

Thanks for your work!
https://easyupload.io/t9d4ub

hurleybird

Post by hurleybird »

Game changer.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/302

DREAM - Transparent Windows out now

Daggerfall Unity 21-Jul-22 10_29_58 PM.png