[MOD] Transparent Windows

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Transparent Windows

Post by King of Worms »

Macadaynu wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:51 pm https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/302

DREAM - Transparent Windows out now

Daggerfall Unity 21-Jul-22 10_29_58 PM.png
Uhm excuse me?

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:36 pm
Uhm excuse me?
Yeah it's done already, is there a problem with the release?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

You might have maybe just asked me if I find it ok its released this way, if I find it ready (which I dont) - and even if you skipped all these parts, at least say thank you King of Worms for the textures or cooperation or smthng on the mod page, basically anything. One PM before the release can go a long way, pity...

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:30 am You might have maybe just asked me if I find it ok its released this way, if I find it ready (which I dont) - and even if you skipped all these parts, at least say thank you King of Worms for the textures or cooperation or smthng on the mod page, basically anything. One PM before the release can go a long way, pity...
I've added you to the special thanks section.

Let me know which parts you feel are unfinished and I can address them when I get chance.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:01 am Hi, ok :)

Ive checked the material in unity, and it looks like this, every material is a bit different, in terms of smoothness, height map intensity, normal map intensity etc, so I think I should be the one assembling the materials in the final step.
01.jpg
01.jpg (130.08 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
As Ive explained in this thread in the past, my textures are indeed a materials. Now they are reduced to flat textures with no depth (normal/height) and no smoothness settings.

My remark "I think I should be the one assembling the materials in the final step" makes sense, cant imagine it the other way around. So it being released without any feedback from me was really surprising.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:07 pm My remark "I think I should be the one assembling the materials in the final step" makes sense, cant imagine it the other way around.
This was months ago but ok, what do you need from me? Just the transparent textures sending over?

If you wanted to add those features it's no problem for me to build and do another release with them included.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im sorry it was a few months ago.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, any idea why the transparent windows are buggy? It messes up with the shadows inside the buildings, and the windows itself (more specifically the textures around windows) are behaving in a strange way, being too light most of the day.

My tip is, that it is because they are not a materials. All my textures are materials, normals, height, smoothness etc as described. Your mod just injects raw textures and I believe its a issue. OR? Is it a known problem and its not caused by it?

I can test it, if you send me the transparent textures.

1st image is with transparent windows mod disabled
DaggerfallUnity 2022-10-11 13-25-28.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2022-10-11 13-25-28.jpg (279.01 KiB) Viewed 1894 times
2nd is enabled, notice the bright textures on windows but also on ground etc
DaggerfallUnity 2022-10-11 13-26-15.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2022-10-11 13-26-15.jpg (321.29 KiB) Viewed 1894 times
3rd is example of bright windows elswhere
DaggerfallUnity 2022-10-10 12-58-10.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2022-10-10 12-58-10.jpg (476.73 KiB) Viewed 1894 times

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

This has been reported in the past but apparently is not happening for all users, and doesn't happen for all of the textures. So it may be an issue/incompatibility with the mod somewhere.

I am using materials for the textures. I think it may be something to do with the fact that the window textures are using a different Rendering Mode (Transparent or Cutout) to the rest of the other textures (Opaque), but that would need investigating.

I don't have free time to look at this currently, I will at some point when possible to see if I can figure it out.

PRAEst76

Post by PRAEst76 »

I have this issue. It's less noticeable with AO switched off, but still present. Removed other mods to see if something was causing it, but the issue was still present with no other mods installed.