[MOD] Transparent Windows

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Transparent Windows

Post by King of Worms »

Got it. It changes with the time of the day, you can observe the wall and loiter. At some point, the colors will fit 100%, few hours later, it will be a mess.. just adding this as a observation.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I noticed that this mod's description says that there are reports of incompatibility with my mod, UBLaMF. What is this about, exactly?

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

XJDHDR wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:33 pm I noticed that this mod's description says that there are reports of incompatibility with my mod, UBLaMF. What is this about, exactly?
Some people reported seeing exterior walls indoors in some buildings when using in conjunction with the UBLaMF mod, I don't know what the cause of the incompatibility is though

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Macadaynu wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:20 pm Some people reported seeing exterior walls indoors in some buildings when using in conjunction with the UBLaMF mod, I don't know what the cause of the incompatibility is though
I did receive a report a while ago about the exterior model for the smith in ARMRAM00.RMB clipping with it's interior model with Transparent Windows installed. I released an update for my mod on Saturday which fixes this problem.

Is this what you are referring to?

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

So I was curious as to whether or not you could reverse the mod and have windows transparent from the outside. I know that this would not work well if one were walking through a city and all the windows showed everything. I was thinking that maybe you could do it as a proximity thing where there would be no transparency until you got close and then the static texture would fade as you got closer revealing the window transparency.

No clue how impossible this would be but it would be cool.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

Considering that the interior doesn't match the outside in most cases (in terms of windows), it's probably not going to be feasible any time soon.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

XJDHDR wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:26 pm
I did receive a report a while ago about the exterior model for the smith in ARMRAM00.RMB clipping with it's interior model with Transparent Windows installed. I released an update for my mod on Saturday which fixes this problem.

Is this what you are referring to?
That was one of them yes, I'm sure there was another report like this but my memory is hazy. Anyway I've updated my mod description to say that you need the latest version of your mod to ensure compatibility.

Thanks for the update.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

jayhova wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:00 pm So I was curious as to whether or not you could reverse the mod and have windows transparent from the outside. I know that this would not work well if one were walking through a city and all the windows showed everything. I was thinking that maybe you could do it as a proximity thing where there would be no transparency until you got close and then the static texture would fade as you got closer revealing the window transparency.

No clue how impossible this would be but it would be cool.
I did do a rough prototype for this a while ago:

The problem is a lot of buildings have differing layouts between interiors and exteriors for this to be viable. There is a project underway that is looking to overhaul the interiors of houses to match the exteriors, but it would take a long time to complete due to the sheer amount of buildings that need to be altered. If that project were ever to be finished then this kind of thing would certainly be possible.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Macadaynu wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:26 pm
I did do a rough prototype for this a while ago:
That looks beautiful. I am curious about enabling it based on distance and then fading out the vanilla texture as you get closer.

Maybe one day we can make the window panes reflective like they have actual glass in them.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Macadaynu wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:19 pm That was one of them yes, I'm sure there was another report like this but my memory is hazy. Anyway I've updated my mod description to say that you need the latest version of your mod to ensure compatibility.

Thanks for the update.
You're welcome. I haven't seen any other reports myself, but do let me know if you see one or remember what the other problem was.