[0.13.5] Apparently The 'Skull of Corruption' Has A Paper-doll Render? [RESOLVED 0.14]

Magicono43

[0.13.5] Apparently The 'Skull of Corruption' Has A Paper-doll Render? [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Magicono43 »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (173.13 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
So yeah, I'm pretty sure this was caused by my PR for 0.13.5 https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/2274

The thing that is strange is that I tried the other artifacts that go into the accessory slots as jewelry items, but none of them showed up (at least not in the foreground) like the Skull of Corruption is for some reason. Not sure why the Skull has a paper-doll render it seems, but maybe there is something here to be altered with the item itself in this case?

Interkarma

Re: [0.13.5] Apparently The 'Skull of Corruption' Has A Paper-doll Render?

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Throw89

Post by Throw89 »

Same thing happens with the Hircine Ring. At least fo me.
Attachments
Ring.png
Ring.png (210.63 KiB) Viewed 1668 times

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Throw89 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:31 pm Same thing happens with the Hircine Ring. At least fo me.
Damn lol, well that one makes more sense to me at least, since it basically uses a modified sprite of the buckler. Still not sure what is giving these artifact items that "flag" to be displayed like that.

I know it's because of that PR I made making jewelry items get checked to be rendered on the paper-doll, but I'm not sure what attribute is having these specific artifacts get categorized under items that should be displayed, strange.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

I’m a noob regarding modding, so I don’t know either, but I think it’s cool because it promises interesting developments.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Have looked into this one. First the obvious bit - these items are in ItemGroups.Jewellery so now they're blitted onto paper doll by recent change. Technically all jewellery items are blitted onto paper doll now because change only checked if they were jewellery, not where they were equipped to.

The difference here is these items (and maybe some others we haven't found yet) have an offset in their template which causes them to draw inside valid paper doll area. Other items are rendered outside paper doll area and aren't shown (but they're still being drawn). These offsets are encoded in the TEXTURE data in gamedata.

I'll resolve soon after I decide how I want to fix.

Interkarma

Re: [0.13.5] Apparently The 'Skull of Corruption' Has A Paper-doll Render? [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Interkarma »

I've merged a fix for this one that hopefully keeps the intended utility.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 37cf5f5b9f

Paper doll now checks if item is actually equipped to a body slot (EquipSlots > 11) before blitting a jewellery item.

Modders using this facility will need to equip item to an actual body slot in addition to setting valid offsets (e.g. via XML) for item image to be drawn in the right spot.

For reference, enum EquipSlots is copied below. 0-11 are the Amulet, Bracelet, Ring, Mark, Crystal slots which aren't considered on the paper doll for this purpose.

Code: Select all

None = -1,
        Amulet0 = 0,            // Amulets / Torcs
        Amulet1 = 1,
        Bracelet0 = 2,          // Bracelets
        Bracelet1 = 3,
        Ring0 = 4,              // Rings
        Ring1 = 5,
        Bracer0 = 6,            // Bracers
        Bracer1 = 7,
        Mark0 = 8,              // Marks
        Mark1 = 9,
        Crystal0 = 10,          // Gems
        Crystal1 = 11,
        Head = 12,              // Helm
        RightArm = 13,          // Right pauldron
        Cloak1 = 14,            // Cloaks
        LeftArm = 15,           // Left pauldron
        Cloak2 = 16,            // Cloaks
        ChestClothes = 17,      // Shirt / Straps / Armband / Eodoric / Tunic / Surcoat / Plain robes / etc.
        ChestArmor = 18,        // Cuirass
        RightHand = 19,         // Right weapon / Two-handed weapon
        Gloves = 20,            // Gauntlets
        LeftHand = 21,          // Left weapon / Shields
        Unknown1 = 22,
        LegsArmor = 23,         // Greaves
        LegsClothes = 24,       // Khajiit suit / Loincloth / Skirt / etc.
        Unknown2 = 25,
        Feet = 26,              // Boots / Shoes / Sandals / etc.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Interkarma wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:24 am Have looked into this one. First the obvious bit - these items are in ItemGroups.Jewellery so now they're blitted onto paper doll by recent change. Technically all jewellery items are blitted onto paper doll now because change only checked if they were jewellery, not where they were equipped to.

The difference here is these items (and maybe some others we haven't found yet) have an offset in their template which causes them to draw inside valid paper doll area. Other items are rendered outside paper doll area and aren't shown (but they're still being drawn). These offsets are encoded in the TEXTURE data in gamedata.

I'll resolve soon after I decide how I want to fix.
Yeah, I honestly had a feeling that was the case, but just could not really confirm as the paper-doll was obviously in the foreground blocking them most likely. Your solution seems like a better one I agree, just never really considered that the items that go in the accessory slots usually would even have a paper-doll render, but I stand corrected on that, lol.

Sorry for the extra work there and thanks for looking into it.

Interkarma

Re: [0.13.5] Apparently The 'Skull of Corruption' Has A Paper-doll Render? [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Interkarma »

It's no worries at all! Hopefully my change still keeps the intended utility. I'll close this one out now.