0.13.5 A Mix Up - NPC not at location [RESOLVED 0.14.0]

Nikus

0.13.5 A Mix Up - NPC not at location [RESOLVED 0.14.0]

Post by Nikus »

Hello and thank you for DFU.

I accepted A Mix Up quest as my first quest in Daggerfall after the starting dungeon twice now. Both times after receiving the first letter and traveling to the indicated location I couldn't find the person of interest. The first time it was a thief and the location was at a tavern. The npcs inside confirmed the location, but the suspect wasn't there.

I reinstalled the base game using the installer with all optional patches and reloaded the save before entering Daggerfall. This time I was accused, received a letter pointing me to Gondastyr at the Temple of Kynareth, Burning Oracle of Kynareth. It's a small location and I believe I checked all the houses and the Temple, but couldn't locate Gondastyr. I cleared my reputation with a console command to stop constant harassment by guards. The save is attached.

Your help is appreciated. Really looked forward to finishing the game I gave up on when it originally came out due to bugs.
Attachments
SAVE1nikus.zip
(381.54 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Interkarma

Re: 0.13.5 A Mix Up - NPC not at location

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

Looking at quest data in save, I can see priest is assigned to that temple location but marked hidden. This happens when task S.41 is triggered.

Code: Select all

_S.41_ task:
	when _S.00_ and not _S.04_ 
	place item letter23 at _thiefhouse_ 
	hide npc _priest_ 
S.00 is picked randomly at quest start, and S.04 are the hours daily from 00:00 to 02:00. When S.00 is true and S.04 is false, then priest is hidden. I can't see a mechanism to unhide priest again.

Thank you for attaching save. I'll work through this some more when I can to determine if this breaks quest or I'm just missing something. I'm not so familiar with this quest, Jay will probably know more if he's around.

If you just want to terminate this quest, use the below console command.

endquest 33555342
It sounds like you've already found it, but just in case you can heal negative legal rep with this command.

clear_negativelegalrep

Interkarma

Re: 0.13.5 A Mix Up - NPC not at location

Post by Interkarma »

This should be resolved with Jay's recent fixes to "A Mix Up" in 0.14.0.