Replacing EN Font (/FONT0003.FNT)

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
AngryKarakuri

Re: Replacing EN Font (/FONT0003.FNT)

Post by AngryKarakuri »

Sorry, I was talking about the Alkhemikal SDF.asset in the Resources folder. That one has a space in it unless there's an underscore being cut off.
Ah, sorry about that as well. Misunderstood. Unfortunately, it still doesn't really work. Shows up just fine in the Editor, however. Just as usual. Haha
I think at this point we can narrow it down to the creation of the .dfmod file creation, probably. Doubt I've got the wrong file versions.
Got the 0.13.5 game version and the latest Unity files from GitHub.
Unity is also using 2019.4.28f1, so that can't be it, either.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Does your built mod show in the launcher's Mods UI at all?

I'll work through and create a font mod independently on my end to see if I can locate any problems.

AngryKarakuri

Post by AngryKarakuri »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:56 am Does your built mod show in the launcher's Mods UI at all?

I'll work through and create a font mod independently on my end to see if I can locate any problems.
Hello again. Yes, it does show up in the UI. Funny enough, checking/unchecking it keeps it active but nevermind about that.
If you want, I can perhaps send you the files I've currently got so you can work with those? Maybe it'd be easier to see what's wrong with it. Thanks!
I'll attach an archive in this, hold up.

Once again, I'll say thank you. Doubt I could really get this to work on my own. So, thanks for all the input and guidance and assistance offer!

Edit: Just for the info, if you run it through Play Mode with this, it'll work. However, building it (on my end, atleast) and then checking; doesn't, unfortunately.
Last edited by AngryKarakuri on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank for update. I've reproduced independently on my side.

It looks like the font asset isn't being included by mod builder. My font asset is around 8MB and the built .dfmod is <1MB. So definitely looks to be missing.

I'll dive into it soon and update.

AngryKarakuri

Post by AngryKarakuri »

Aye, all good.
Now that you say it, for me, it's around 2MB in loose files and only now did I realize that the .dfmod file is only 200kb~.
I feel like we're getting close to it. Can't wait to figure out what's wrong. lol

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I just got it working on my end - using 0.14. There have been some other fixes to AddressableAsset loading and Localization system since 0.13.5, and I think one of these has ironed out the problem.

The .dfmod is still <1MB but everything is working OK. The mod builder must just compress font that efficiently.

I'll see if I can get it working under 0.13.5 - but if not the 0.14 release is just around the corner now.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Screenshot my font mod running in a 0.14 build (which I made manually from master branch then rebuilt mod for that version). I used Open Dyslexic Regular for my test font.

fonty-mcfontface.jpg
fonty-mcfontface.jpg (721.74 KiB) Viewed 2119 times

AngryKarakuri

Post by AngryKarakuri »

Well, thank you for all the work.

Spent quite a bit of time recently until I was recommended to ask on here, and now, I'm glad I did. Good to hear that it's just around the corner and that it's gonna add more cool stuff and make this work as well.
Looking forward to it and making content for this as well.

Good work!

AngryKarakuri

Post by AngryKarakuri »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:38 am Screenshot my font mod running in a 0.14 build (which I made manually from master branch then rebuilt mod for that version). I used Open Dyslexic Regular for my test font.

fonty-mcfontface.jpg
Looks great. Font goes really well with vanilla. Funny enough, the moment I was about to submit my previous post, it just beamed the screenshot right into my face. lmao

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The good news is you've done everything right so far as I can see. Once we're on the next version, your mod setup should work OK in build.

Let's reconvene in another couple of weeks. That's me loosely promising to have a 0.14 release out by then. :)