Daggerfall Unity on GOG

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Hazelnut

Re: Daggerfall Unity on GOG

Post by Hazelnut »

Been reading some review comments for lols. These 2 are quite ironic to me:

"And people crying about modder integrity have obviously not read the terms of use. All mods are owned by Bethesda, not the modders themselves, not Nexus - end of story. "

Erm, no. Bethesda doesn't own my DFU mods in any way shape or form. :D

"When I see these restrictions on some of these mods on the nexus, I wonder if their authors wrote Daggerfall, and Bethesda only provided pizza and coffee."

Pretty sure my mods don't have any restrictions of note, but the author is vague. However in my case, the mod author did write significant portions of DFU and Bethesda provided no details that really helped us. UESP on the other hand, was very useful - if sometimes incorrect.

:lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

For my own sanity, I will ignore any posts there :D

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:02 pm Been reading some review comments for lols. These 2 are quite ironic to me:

"And people crying about modder integrity have obviously not read the terms of use. All mods are owned by Bethesda, not the modders themselves, not Nexus - end of story. "

"When I see these restrictions on some of these mods on the nexus, I wonder if their authors wrote Daggerfall, and Bethesda only provided pizza and coffee."

Pretty sure my mods don't have any restrictions of note, but the author is vague. However in my case, the author did write significant portions of DFU and Bethesda provided no details that really helped us. UESP on the other hand, was very useful - if sometimes incorrect.

:lol:
I honestly don't even bother with these types. Their input provides nothing but some doubt in a mod creators mind of "Why do I even bother doing this again?" And as KoW said about wanting their work to be shown in it's best form. I don't like having something I put time and effort into, up to my standard of quality, being thrown into something that does not meet my personal standard of quality, and so far this GOG release does not meet those standards after seeing how they decided to do this.

Baler

Post by Baler »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:02 pm Been reading some review comments for lols. These 2 are quite ironic to me:

This is 100% true, Bethesda does Not have the rights to DFU Mods. This is because the mods are for Daggerfall Unity.

If the mods were for the base game of daggerfall (non-unity version) there could be a case of argument based on Bethesda's ToS.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I think we all deserve a piece of that sweet GOG money? I'll settle for 1%
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

jayhova wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:58 pm I think we all deserve a piece of that sweet GOG money? I'll settle for 1%
No :)

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:29 am
jayhova wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:58 pm I think we all deserve a piece of that sweet GOG money? I'll settle for 1%
No :)
Of course, you deserve 1% as well. All the Jays should get their 1%
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

Hah, I got a chuckle outta that!
"Whatever you do, make good art." - Neil Gaiman

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Just wanted to give an update on this on my side:

Got a message through the Nexus Mod "forums" interface, but only about 2-3 hours after directly talking with "GamerZahk" on Reddit from some other posts.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (54.77 KiB) Viewed 874 times
That was my reply, so will have to see what happens whenever.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (33.93 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Hopefully anyone else that felt similar gets their grievance heard and it can be resolved.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Damage control :mrgreen: or an attempt at.

So, a 5DM limit and there's 40 mods. Some authors did multiple mods but even assuming that each mod has a unique author, that's 8 days of sending out the initial DMs. Makes me wonder how much time they spent preparing this, apparently less than two weeks.

I got a chuckle out of the 'you might have noticed', as if he hasn't read the review you left on GoG :lol:

GoG's actions will speak louder for me than their words at this point.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt