Merchant prices are doubled

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
neonpeon

Merchant prices are doubled

Post by neonpeon »

Hello everyone,
So i just started playing Daggerfall Unity and i don't know if its a bug or something wrong with my reputation but when i want to buy something from merchants the prices are doubled. For example the price for a horse is displayed 3000g but merchant wants over 7000g. Same with every other object.

Thanks in advance for any help

pango

Re: Merchant prices are doubled

Post by pango »

Hi neonpeon,

Based on your personality and mercantile skill compared to merchant's, prices can be halved... or doubled.

Formula is a bit convoluted, I haven't found it online, but there's Daggerfall Unity code if you're really interested:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... r.cs#L1966
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

neonpeon

Post by neonpeon »

Hi pango,

First of all, thank You for such a quick answer and the exact line of code that deals with mercantile. Secondly im glad its not a bug :) so i enjoy it peacefully without worrying. Now ill better start leveling my mercantile skill and personality.

Have a great day/evening.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You can also see it on the DFU bible ;) https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall_Mod ... Mercantile

Tkia

Post by Tkia »

Those numbers do sound very high. Are you using an incense quality of general store by any chance? If so, go find a rusty one instead. I just checked a rusty on a character with 18% mercantile and they quote me 1500+ and actually charge anout 750. Same character in an adequate store is quoted 1600+ and charged just over 1000. So, mercantile up and shop quality down! By the way if you buy the cart it's cheaper and comes with a horse :)

neonpeon

Post by neonpeon »

Hey Tkia,
I did exactly as You said - i leveled mercantile a little bit, found rusty store and i bought a horse for 2600g from asking price 3000g. Also i didn't noticed before, that i have to press "Buy" to haggle and get lover price from the one displayed.

Cheers