New Skills & Weapons?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
gilo

New Skills & Weapons?

Post by gilo »

Are there modders interested in adding new skills/weapons (polarms, crossbows, BFG, etc) into the game? I can make sprites but I don't have the programming skills. :lol:

Ralzar

Re: New Skills & Weapons?

Post by Ralzar »

From experience I can say that if you make the sprites, someone will likely be inspired to do the coding. Adding new skills is in the "theoretically possible" category I think.

gilo

Post by gilo »

Guess that's what I will do this weekend :mrgreen:

mickio1

Post by mickio1 »

As a big proponent of black powder weapons, adding these and crossbows to the game would be very nice. Theyre some of my favorite weapons in games. and I KNOW doom modders have made awesome gun sprites and animations. Medieval ones not that much but i do think there's a doom pirate mod with unique guns but i coulnt find it from a cursory search. However if anyone is interested in the implementation...I could use some of the replicas I have IRL and digitize them into 2D sprites. would that work?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Make the sprites with the 5 animation frames, and I have a framework built for adding them in my ambidexterity mod.

To get the custom features in like animation smoothing, hit arcs, recoils, and so on, I had to reconstruct and modify the whole fps system from ground up for my mod. The mod literally disables the original FPS weapon and script system and then enables my custom scripts and system.

Point being, Everything is there code wise to do what your asking. I just need the sprites to match the original game look and dimensions, then it is just loading the sprite into the script, which isn't that hard.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.