Diverse Weapons and other FPS sprites and concepts

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
DunnyOfPenwick

Re: Diverse Weapons and other FPS sprites and concepts

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Well, fiddling with the texture settings fixed the problem.
The weird thing is I remember setting the read/write enable property, but ignored the other settings for some reason, like a blind spot.

The only thing remaining is to choose which grappling hook graphic to show, since realakp sent me 2 nice ones (the tyranny of choice).
2022_07_23_13_12_19.jpg
2022_07_23_13_12_19.jpg (114.12 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
2022_07_23_13_11_03.jpg
2022_07_23_13_11_03.jpg (127.88 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
The steel one looks 'nicer' but the darker cast-iron one seems to have more 'character'.
Hypothetically I could put both in there and choose based on some property of the grappling hook item.
The hook item comes from Ralzar's Skulduggery mod and I think it is only available at the thieves' guild.
He could have an option to purchase a hook elsewhere, like a general store, and that one might look different.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

I think the first one is probably what it would've looked like if Daggerfall had a grappling hook out of the box but I would definitely go for the second option, it feels real compared to the other one. It might be the lighting too, it's much more pronounced on the light hook which would probably look better in interiors.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

realakp

Post by realakp »

That one with darker metal was only a proof of concept, I used some random graphic from google and it can't be used in mod. The newest is made from scratch by me to best fit in original Daggerfall sprites style (as BadLuckBurt mentioned it should look like if Daggerfall had a grappling hook out of the box). Here are my settings that I'm using when importing sprites to my Diverse Weapons mod. If you'll be able to add different grapling hooks to the game, for example daedric ros whatever I could try to make them too. But I want to stick to vanilla oldschool renders design.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I noticed that when I switched the Texture Type from Default to Sprite (2D and UI) the pixel dimensions changed, so I left it at Default.

mickio1

Post by mickio1 »

Well i was planning on making a post about a potential crossbow and gun mod but it looks like half of that job is already on the qay there and way better looking than what i hoped.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I'll probably be uploading the new version of my mod soon and will be adding you to an Acknowledgements section.
Would you like me to add a reference to your Diverse Weapons mod or anything else?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Its the wrap mode, had the same issue with all handheld sprites, casting hands etc
Im late, I know :)

realakp

Post by realakp »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:37 pm Would you like me to add a reference to your Diverse Weapons mod or anything else?
Thanks, adding to an Acknowledgements section is enough! Cant wait to try how it'll work with sprites!

And meanwhile, my mod got a big update. Every single frame and sprite got a palletization, now the weapons fit much better into the atmosphere of the original game.

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/242

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

For those using Diverse Weapons v1.6 or later, read this post for more details on the new "FPP" or "HUD Weapon Sprite Replacements" feature.

For this new feature to work properly your DFU version has to be v0.14.4 or newer.

There are known quirks/bugs with this new feature that you may experience during normal gameplay, they are simply graphical in nature so nothing to worry about outside of the occasional inconsistency/annoyance with that.

You can read more about these know issues in this Github thread: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 1189133492

For those that wish to do a mod HUD texture replacement similar to this, or override some of the HUD textures included in this mod please read this part of that thread above: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 1189092886

As well as this informational thread on the forums: viewtopic.php?t=5759

If you want more information on implementation of this feature into your own mod or other issues pertaining to it technically please contact, Magicono43 on any of the main ways you can contact me.

Thanks very much RealAKP for your amazing work on diverse weapons and giving me the motivation to work on this HUD sprite replacement feature, and hopefully improve it in the future with less quirky bugs.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

oh man, thats exciting we can now have custom weapon sprites for different types in the game finally! will be watching progress here :D