Enemy Health Bar

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Neggy

Re: Enemy Health Bar

Post by Neggy »

Then you'll be happy to know that I finished refactoring my code last night and am now starting on the work to allow the player to customize where the bar is on screen :D

TacticalTrickery

Post by TacticalTrickery »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:26 am ...I love the healthbar texture. It looks cool without being too intrusive.
Thanks, brotha! :D I've noticed quite a bit that I like the atmosphere your mods often provide, w/ subtle attention to detail; keep up the great work.

That's funny about the classic-HUD, I often forget that even exists! I never played that way in the old days, and recently I even saw a streamer on YT state that the "full-screen" sparse HUD was a new feature added only in DFU, lol. I wonder how many people didn't know about the sparse full-screen option in the old days...
ENEMY SPELLBOOK @Nexus: Yellow-square spam, be gone!!
Ancient African proverb: To go fast, go alone. To go far, go together. ~ Humanity's greatest strength is in each other... don't waste it.

TacticalTrickery

Post by TacticalTrickery »

Another Daedra healthbar concept...
DaedraHP(dags) [Concept-2].png
DaedraHP(dags) [Concept-2].png (34.08 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Thoughts anyone?? ...or want to contribute :?: :idea:
ENEMY SPELLBOOK @Nexus: Yellow-square spam, be gone!!
Ancient African proverb: To go fast, go alone. To go far, go together. ~ Humanity's greatest strength is in each other... don't waste it.

carademono

Post by carademono »

I love this mod -- but could there please be an option to use the original pixelated rectangular bar? Everybody will have a different preference, but for me the original was a much better fit for vanilla Daggerfall.

Neggy

Post by Neggy »

The next update will be the final feature update, and I'd be willing to throw a more classic looking bar in that you can toggle in the options. It wouldn't be the same one as the original release, but that's because I'd be able to make it look better now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Neggy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:54 pm The next update will be the final feature update, and I'd be willing to throw a more classic looking bar in that you can toggle in the options. It wouldn't be the same one as the original release, but that's because I'd be able to make it look better now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing.
Looking forward to this! The original release graphics were absolutely perfect in my opinion; they looked straight out of 1996.