Modding Video Series 1: "Locked Loot Containers", From Start To Finish

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Magicono43

Re: Modding Video Series 1: "Locked Loot Containers", From Start To Finish

Post by Magicono43 »

Here is Part.30 where I:
- Really short video where I started recording very late, was extremely tired and just could not be asked to figure out a complex "ticket" sort of system like I was hoping, for now atleast.
- So instead for now until I get a brain-blast, I'm just going with the more simple implementation of giving rarer materials less "tickets" to choose from and more common more tickets, without set limits and other stuff.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Here is Part.31 where I:
- Decided to use array of bool values rather than previously proposed Flags enum, for now atleast
- Short explanation on what "Mathf.Clamp" does and how to use it
- Explaining what "Ternary Operators" are, and how it's just short hand for, If Else Statements
- Talking about some useful methods I'm using to choose a "ticket" based on some handy community methods
- Using Int value and in the end returning an enum value, through explicit type casting

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Here is Part.32 where I:
- Determining Chest & Lock "Sturdiness" values based on various factors
- Plans to do the same for "Magic Resistance" as well in the next video

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Here is Part.33 where I:
- Determining Chest & Lock "Magic Resistance" values based on various factors
- Then doing the same for "Lock Complexity" and "Jam Resistance" with alot of copy & paste
- Plans on doing testing within Unity Editor for next video, then when satisfied likely start on Loot Generation parts

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Here is Part.34 where I:
- Added a debug line for testing in the Unity Editor
- Unfortunately did not get to what I wanted to do in this video, I was very tired and too late at night to be asked

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Here is Part.35 where I:
- Did some actual testing of the chest generation in the Unity Editor
- Determined the next things I'll work on now that the basics of chest & lock material generation is proved to work

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Here is Part.36 where I:
- Attempting To Fix Pseudo Random Patterns Showing Up In Current Implementation of Chest Generation
- Also simple attempt at having lock material restricted to within some range of the chest material it is attached to

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Just wanted to make a video explaining why I suddenly stopped uploading daily, as I had been consistently the past over a month.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Here is Part.37 where I:
- Talking about the loot table based system used to generate loot-pile and enemy items in vanilla DFU
- Explaining the disadvantages of a loot table system with what I'm trying to do with the chest loot generation
- My current "solution/method" I'm planning on using for the chest loot generation, "Pick A Ticket" method.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

So I've been making slow but steady progress on this mod since the start of this year, atleast more progress than the many months before that I had been taking a break from it. So I really should start recording some videos again in this series, it is just surprisingly difficult to muster up the motivation to talk about the progress than it is to just quietly do it, lol.

But hopefully I'll release something involving the project soon enough, but it would likely be mostly just going through the Github commit history the past few weeks and talking about what has been going on that way.