[MOD] The Treasure Hunt

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Sappho20

[MOD] The Treasure Hunt

Post by Sappho20 »

The Treasure Hunt

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/388

1 million gold has been hidden in the Iliac Bay! Can you crack the five clues to reveal its location and become a millionaire?

This is a rather simple, "fun" quest that gives the player a series of increasingly difficult puzzles/ciphers to decode leading to some treasure.
Receive a note about someone who has hidden 1 million gold.If you visit him/her they will give you the first clue, each clue gives the location of the next clue with the final location disclosing the location of the gold. The gold is in a random dungeon, you must visit all five locations in order to get the location of the gold. When you arrive in the right location of a clue you will be told you are in the right place, and you just need to find the clue hidden inside. The clues do get quite hard and even if you know the location of a clue it will not appear on your travel map, (except the location of the gold itself) so unless you have been there before, you will have to find them yourself (it is 1 million gold after all!).

There is no help in game to solve the puzzles although some knowledge of Daggerfall is needed. You may need to look up places to find them. However, once you accept the quest the gold is in play, and it is possible for you to find the gold by chance but given the size of the Iliac Bay it is unlikely.

One last piece of advice: Gold in Daggerfall has weight! How much does 1 million weigh? You will need to remember this as a puzzle in itself, items left behind often disappear!

MOD Requirements:
None that I know.

TO INSTALL: Extract the ‘The treasure Hunt’ folder to /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Questpacks/. It will start automatically with a new character.
On an existing character, use the console command startquestDW00200 to begin the events.
The quest will begin in a 10 days or so in a city.

TO UNINSTALL: delete the folder ‘The Treasure Hunt’ from thequest packs folder.
Last edited by Sappho20 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] The Treasure Hunt

Post by Hazelnut »

Did you forget to attach or provide a link to this quest?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Sappho20

Post by Sappho20 »

Yep, thanks for spotting that!

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Very neat mod! There needs to be more mods like this, something big hidden away and you figure out where it is in an organic way.

Sappho20

Post by Sappho20 »

Thanks, yes, I liked the idea. To my knowledge no-one has found the gold yet or discovered how to remove over 2 tonnes of gold from a dungeon before it disappears.
The treasure hunt was really a test. I was writing a multi quest adventure like ‘Whispers from the East’, called ‘Elves of the Deep’ I wanted it to be a real mystery hunt where the player has to think outside of the box, question everything and solve obscure clues to unravel the strange goings on in Ykalon. But I didn’t want to spend the time if no-one wanted it, or they preferred it to be more conventional. So, I quickly made this to see if a quest with five clues and a big reward would be enjoyable to many people.