[0.14.4] Thieves Guild never sends me the joining letter

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Hammer

[0.14.4] Thieves Guild never sends me the joining letter

Post by Hammer »

I had this issue with the Dark Brotherhood as well, however that was on a character who did a lot of work for a Knightly Order so I chalked that up to probably bad reputation with the Dark Brotherhood.

This Thieves Guild issue though I've ran in to it twice now, two different characters who had no guild affiliations at all, 0 reputation with Thieves Guild and associated factions, no less. I checked the save file to make sure of that part, I met the amount of times I had to pickpocket or break in to a shop without the Open spell, I've done several travels without receiving the letter and double checked my inventory in case for some reason the usual popup did not notify me.

I don't know what it is, and I'm hoping another pair of eyes that is more familiar with DFU can help me, whether it's my own error or a bug. I've provided the save file here, if you need any other files or any questions answered I'll do my best, I just really want to roleplay my TG-aligned thief. If there's a way to force the game to send the quest my way as a workaround, that would be awesome!

EDIT: I must be cursed, the moment I make a thread on it, even after testing and confirming I was having issues with it by travelling several times, it works the moment I loaded my save and travelled one more time.
Attachments
thieves-guild-nosendletter-save.zip
(270.44 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

Jay_H

Re: [0.14.4] Thieves Guild never sends me the joining letter

Post by Jay_H »

Hammer wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:47 pm EDIT: I must be cursed, the moment I make a thread on it, even after testing and confirming I was having issues with it by travelling several times, it works the moment I loaded my save and travelled one more time.

:lol: Glad it worked out for you!