[MOD] The Song of the Centaur

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Sappho20

[MOD] The Song of the Centaur

Post by Sappho20 »

The Song of the Centaur

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/399

The Song of the Centaur is a quest mod that attempts to give you a reason to live only in the wilderness. Instead of hopping from town to town. Can you live by (mostly) avoiding them?

After 10 days you will be told where to find the Centaur Bucephalus. If you help remove a hunter’s trap from his leg, Bucephalus will teach you skills, so long as you (almost) never enter a town.

The Rules:
Bucephalus can train you in Centurian, Archery, Running, Critical Strike, Jumping, Medical, Hand to Hand, Stealth, Backstabbing and Dodging. He will appear to you every morning to teach you whichever one you choose.

However, Bucephalus will leave you if you enter a city, town, village, hamlet, roadside tavern, manors
or Graveyards.

You can visit any shrine or isolated temple, you can also visit all dungeons, farms and
isolated houses.

The Apaturia:
Every seventh day is a day off, the Apaturia. On that day you can go anywhere you like. This means you can sell loot in shops, get supplies, get quests or anything else on that 1 day per week.
You can always visit isolated temples for cure disease, and they normally have fountains for water if you are using Climate and calories mod.

This mod does not add any wilderness encounters, I did not want to make the wilderness overcrowded or create a few really repetitive quests. I decided to let you choose to add some wilderness encounter mods to suit difficulty (there are a few really good ones already). I just wanted to make a quest that challenged people to stay in the wilderness with a basic reward.

Recommended Mods:
It is recommended you have some wilderness mods to make your life in the wilderness more interesting, for example:
Climate and Calories, SIGIL, Warm Ashes, Repair Tools, Field Alchemical Kit, Travel Options, to name a few of the best.

Warning:
Instant fast travel can cause anomalies, as time does not work the same whilst fast traveling, the quest will not be able to count the days properly. So, for example if you are on a rest day and you think of traveling to a place 7 days away so you arrive on a rest day, you may be wrong and fail the quest. The quest needs to see midnight to progress to a rest day or from one. Fast travel is possible and works fine but I would fast travel to shrines, temples and dungeons so as to avoid failing the quest. Just be aware and save before you fast travel if it is to a town, city etc.
Also Bucephalus will not train you on the days you are fast traveling.

TO INSTALL:Extract the ‘Song of the Centaur’ folder to
/DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Questpacks/.It will start automatically with a new character.
On an existing character, use the console command startquest DW00300 to begin the events.
The quest will begin in 10 days or so, when you arrive at a city.
TO NINSTALL: delete the folder ‘Song of the Centaur’ from the quest packs folder.