Mod request: 3d weapons & arms

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
C0rg1

Mod request: 3d weapons & arms

Post by C0rg1 »

The idea is simple.
A mod that features low polygon modeled 3d weapons and arms for more realistic combat attack animations. Perhaps add extras such as blocking blows, missed hits, boot kicks, more illustrated weapons, and altered colors based on weapon type.

It's not an "enhanced camera" with a body to look down. Just new arms and weapons.

RadioBug

Re: Mod request: 3d weapons & arms

Post by RadioBug »

God, if we did that maybe we could play in vr eventually. For real I'd love 3d hands

C0rg1

Post by C0rg1 »

Although it would be hilarious for it to be fully modeled with complete body animation. Not that you would ever see the torso or head. So that if you look at the model in third person, it has a camera for the noggin and pipe cleaners for a body.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

This has been discussed tons. This requires a whole new FPS weapon script to import the 3d weapons, create proper ray tracing paths for them (or see if a physics simulation for hit could be achieved in some way), and then an animation system that aligns properly with whatever hit detection system is coded. Possibly in the future, I may be able to get a rudimentary system in using my mod as a base since it already has a system for setting up and sending our weapon arc casts.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.