[0.14.5] Add Selected Asset(s)

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
gdDeus

[0.14.5] Add Selected Asset(s)

Post by gdDeus »

Hello, I'm new to modding Daggerfall Unity, I have the [0.14.5] version of the game and source files, and I'm having a problem with the mod builder > Add Selected Asset(s) button.

The problem is that when I try to add assets into the mod builder through the Add Selected Asset(s) button, the files won't appear or load into the mod builder. I have the files selected, so they can load. I know it's working because when I don't have any assets selected it says, "No assets selected" in a small window prompt. When I click on a folder and try to add selected assets, it gives the text, "Path Assets/StreamingAssets/Mods/NoSunDamage doesn't exist."

I've run through the first example tutorial here, and had the same problem. I pressed the build mod button, which gave the error below, then the mod builder added the .dfmod for me under files, so it could build the mod which then allowed for the completion of the first tutorial.

I clicked the save mode setting to file button to save the addition of that file to the files array area, and then I tried closing the entire project, and reopening it to see if that might fix the issue. I loaded the mod builder and clicked > open existing mod setting file and everything opened correctly. But, when I selected a c# modding file that I made along with the .dfmod file (they are both in the same folder (Assets/StreamingAssets/Mods/NoSunDamage)) and tried to use the Add Selected Asset(s) button again, nothing happened.

Trying to fix my problem, I followed the quick tutorial here by user Raizar in the first reply, and got to step 7 before it wouldn't let me continue. I figured I may be doing something wrong, but the problem still persisted.

I've wiped the project and got a fresh one from here. But, the issue persisted, so I tried to get version 0.14.4 from the official release page, but the same issue kept happening. I'm unsure, if I have to change a setting somewhere or if it is blocking me for some reason. Any help would be appreciated and if any more information is needed, please let me know, thank you for your time!
Attachments
Build Error: Asset Not Found
Build Error: Asset Not Found
AssetNotFound.png (70.63 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

Magicono43

Re: [0.14.5] Add Selected Asset(s)

Post by Magicono43 »

https://youtu.be/-e3ldQ5rIJU?t=786

Try and watch that tutorial around that time-stamp. Does the spots I'm clicking and way I'm doing it look like how you are doing it? Remember you have to have the assets selected in the Unity Editor GUI for them to be added in the mod-builder window. Also make sure the mod-builder is trying to build to the correct directory your assets are actually being pulled from.

gdDeus

Post by gdDeus »

Thank you for helping me, turns out I didn't look close enough! I was overlooking the file path and messing myself up. I was using Asset/StreamingAssets/Mod file path instead of the Asset/Game/Mods file path. The video helped me see that; now it's working like it should. Thanks again!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

gdDeus wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:42 pm Thank you for helping me, turns out I didn't look close enough! I was overlooking the file path and messing myself up. I was using Asset/StreamingAssets/Mod file path instead of the Asset/Game/Mods file path. The video helped me see that; now it's working like it should. Thanks again!
Awesome, glad to hear you found the issue. 8-)