[MOD] Micro Map Quest Marker

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
saeed

[MOD] Micro Map Quest Marker

Post by saeed »

So, as much as I love dungeon delving, crawling through 6 dungeon blocks almost completely and not reaching the objective is too frustrating and using the "tele2qmarker" command just spoils the fun for me. Knowing for sure which dungeon block contains the quest objective can be a good help without revealing too much. A quest marker on the micro map (a.k.a. mini map or 2d map) makes that possible.

Now I don't know anything about C# or Unity Engine, but I still thought that I might be able to make a mod for such a simple feature, since the code for tele2qmarker and for micro map markers already exists and there are many mods available to review and learn from. I'm sharing the result here which is a working mod with no errors (that i'm aware of), but I'm sure people with more knowledge and experience can significantly improve the code or even implement it in the main code as a game option, like the micro map QoL option.

This is how the micro map looks like with this mod enabled:
Screen Shot 1402-04-15 at 1.02.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 1402-04-15 at 1.02.45 PM.png (8.85 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
And with the QoL option also enabled:
Screen Shot 1402-04-15 at 1.01.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 1402-04-15 at 1.01.43 PM.png (8.88 KiB) Viewed 2721 times

Issues: Many of the main quest dungeons that are quite big and could benefit from a quest marker, actually don't have one. In those dungeons neither this mod nor the tele2qmarker command can do anything.
Attachments
DFUMod-MicroMapQuestMarker.zip
(22.87 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

l3lessed

Re: [MOD] Micro Map Quest Marker

Post by l3lessed »

You can try my minimap mod here. It has an option to mark the closest active quest, both from outside, and once in an interior.

When you have a active quests in the area that is loaded, it will scan through all them, find the closest one, mark the door/building where it is. Once you enter the interior, it will mark the npc/spot of the quest item/person.

It may or may not bypass this issue and mark them for you on my minimap.

The mod is largely running, but there is one or two small issues still cropping up. However, a reload of the game fixes it for now. I do plan to come back to it in the near future to refactor and slam out the last small things on the minimap mod.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4798
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

saeed

Re: [MOD] Micro Map Quest Marker

Post by saeed »

Cool mod, thanks for recommending.