Daedra Lord Replacer - FLC Issue

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Kulshedra97

Daedra Lord Replacer - FLC Issue

Post by Kulshedra97 »

Hello world, finally posting because I've exhausted my knowledge (and my shyness). I thought the Daedra were going to be an easy enough thing to replace - they've got a sprite sheet, just draw and rename. I can do that easy enough. Then I found out the sprite sheet is unused except for Sheogorath. But I found the FLCs in the arena2 folder (which I went through the process of backing up and replacing until I saw 0.15.2 supported streamingassets replacements :lol: ), and GIMP can export FLC, so that's not a problem, right? The FLC is not rendering correctly and I can't narrow down the why. It looks fine when played through VLC. In-game however, it splits where her arm moves - the bottom half is frozen on the first frame while the upper half goes through it's animation. I can't tell if it's a DFU issue or GIMP issue or more likely, a "me not knowing what i'm doing" issue.
Spoiler!
A GIF of what she should look like: Image

Screenshot of the issue: Image
Other information that might help... DFU version is 0.15.2, GIMP version is 2.99.14. I tried using WEBM to replace like the cinematics mod did but it didn't do anything. Would be cool if that could work. I added the flc below, if it helps.
Attachments
AZURA.7z
(706.73 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

King of Worms

Re: Daedra Lord Replacer - FLC Issue

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, this is done in next DREAM release. I was not the one who created it. I know some very old program from 90s had to be used for it to work. I can send u a working example, maybe u can dig the info from the file:

https://easyupload.io/aedebg

Kulshedra97

Post by Kulshedra97 »

Ooo, thank you (and nice quality output from a 90s program). Looks good in vlc, but depending on gimp vers it doesn't open or it destroys the frames. I did expect that, though. Hmm, maybe what gimp pukes out isn't entirely compatible with dfu.

I did try using ffmpeg several times to convert it, which didn't work. Would that 90s program be Animator Pro? I think I tried that before and couldn't quite wrap my head around it. Although it wouldn't hurt to try again.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

:)

Heres the reply from the creator Zoran

*sky opens, winds howls and distant voice can be heard*
I used the "AutodeskAnimatorPro1.3a" with DOSBox to make the upscaled FLC files. They were tricky to make because you need to use the DF palette https://forums.dfwor...?t=818&start=10 for each animation frame, import frames as GIFs in AniPro or else the animation won't work ingame. Unfortunately a lot of frames quality will be lost due to palette and GIF format. DOS Animator Pro is prone to crashing when importing a lot of Hi-Res images, that can be somewhat fixed by giving the DOSBox more RAM to use. I'm not aware if any other more modern program can make the proper FLC for DF.