Two problems seen during a NebulosousIdea stream [QUEST ENGINE]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
pango

Two problems seen during a NebulosousIdea stream [QUEST ENGINE]

Post by pango »

Hi all,

Two problems seen during a NebulosousIdea stream:
  • Doing The Mad Ripper quest (R0C11Y26), he received the quest reward immediately after killing the ripper, instead of getting it from the questor. Feels like a classic bug that somehow would still exist in this quest?
  • Some quest target NPC spawned into one of those two-flats colorful buildings along the main street of Daggerfall city; Neither asking commoners, nor clicking on the building marked the building as Wickling residence, as it was called in the quest. Not sure how to replicate that bug
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Re: Two problems seen during a NebulosousIdea stream

Post by Jay_H »

The first problem is a trivial fix. Since the questgiver is only involved in the ending, putting in a failsafe for the click is a one-line addition. Thanks for reporting that.

The second one is beyond me since it's more in the quest engine, so I couldn't help there.

pango

Re: Two problems seen during a NebulosousIdea stream

Post by pango »

Thanks for looking into the quest issue, Jay_H!

Yes, I figured the second issue is likely an engine problem; Still reporting it for completeness...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: Two problems seen during a NebulosousIdea stream [QUEST ENGINE]

Post by Interkarma »

Happy to look at second issue for quest buildings not showing up. But I would prefer a save file to reproduce.

That said, I feel like I may have seem something like this many years back. It feels familiar, but I can't remember if it was something I worked on or only partially investigated. I'll let it sit in the back of my mind and maybe something will come back out.