[Mod request] Alfiqs of the Iliac Bay (Art already done)

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
WilhelmBlack

[Mod request] Alfiqs of the Iliac Bay (Art already done)

Post by WilhelmBlack »

Hi!

I don't know how to explain it but Daggerfall needs more Khajiites. I play with the VIC (Village Immersion Classic) and I appreciate seeing some Khajiites on the street and in the guilds but I want more. I would like to see all possible variants of these felines.

I think adding alfiqs would be an easy way to start. It would be changing the skin of some merchants and bankers for that of an alfiq.

I've made two versions for each role, based on the ESO assistant alfiqs.

Ezabi the Banker:

Fezez the Merchant:

They could be seen in some eastern cities around the Dragontail Mountains and Mournoth area.

They could even have the same function as in ESO and serve as a portable store/bank. Using the alfiq from your inventory opens a menu and you can sell your items or store your money from wherever you want.

I would do it myself but I've no idea about unity or programming. So what I ask for is collaboration.

Maybe in the future we could even talk about creating a senche-raht as a mount. For me making the art wouldn't be a problem.

numidium3rd

Re: [Mod request] Alfiqs of the Iliac Bay (Art already done)

Post by numidium3rd »

This looks great! I particularly like how you made the art fit with the classic style. When I have some time, I'll look into how flexible the code is for replacing shopkeeper flats.

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

numidium3rd wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:22 pm This looks great! I particularly like how you made the art fit with the classic style. When I have some time, I'll look into how flexible the code is for replacing shopkeeper flats.
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what comes out.

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

At the end I looked into modifying textures and was able to release a mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/509

The bad news is that since it's only a texture replacement, there will be alfiqs in each city and that breaks the lore a bit.

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

I've been thinking about how to approach this from the coding angle and I've decided it would be best to make general framework for replacing interior NPC flats. That way any time someone wants to make a mod like this they can simply supply the art assets, name bank (for name generation), and regions where the new flats should appear. I'll let you know when I've made more progress. Just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about it.

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

numidium3rd wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:13 am I've been thinking about how to approach this from the coding angle and I've decided it would be best to make general framework for replacing interior NPC flats. That way any time someone wants to make a mod like this they can simply supply the art assets, name bank (for name generation), and regions where the new flats should appear. I'll let you know when I've made more progress. Just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about it.
That would be nice! I had also thought that with the factions we could create a faction of alfiqs and thus replace some buildings in which there are only alfiqs. But that work is still very complex for me, I'm still getting familiar with texture replacement.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes the low res art is nice in this one :)

WilhelmBlack

Post by WilhelmBlack »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:56 pm Yes the low res art is nice in this one :)
Thanks! :D

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

I finally have an initial build of that flat replacer framework done. https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/549
If you install that along with what I put in the .zip attached to this post then it should only replace the bald Breton merchants and Breton banker flats in Mournoth and the Dragontail Mountains. Try it out. You can use it for your nexus mod if you want.
Attachments
alfiqs.zip
(42.51 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Last edited by numidium3rd on Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Did you intend to link to Dynamic Music, numidium? This is the page for NPC Replacer: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/549