CJK Char input

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
높은산_낮은산

Re: CJK Char input

Post by 높은산_낮은산 »

Wow, faster startup... indeed, I'm very happy with that. :D it saves me a lot of time.

"language pack" you mention is cross-platform wise right?
ive heard that autocomplete is crucial for typing in japanese and chinese, and i'm sure theyare glad with it

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm saying "language pack", but really mean whatever the IME provider is on the operating system. DFU is using the Unity Input system for this stuff, and relies on the engine layer to provide consistent behaviour across platforms.

높은산_낮은산

Post by 높은산_낮은산 »

I understand, nice to hear that. I will look forward to testing it.

Thank you for your time.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Here's an in-progress Windows 64-bit build for you to try ahead of next release. I'm still polishing and solving bugs, and it would be most helpful if you could give it a try and let me know how you go. :)

https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/sha ... Dsbow1O4nw

After you unzip, don't forget to add a font with Korean and Latin unicodes to StreamingAssets/Fonts. I've been using Google's OpenSans for testing, which I've attached below for convenience. This DFU version does the dynamic glyph loading, so you should be able to skip the alphabet file now and it will load new glyphs at runtime. I'm curious how this works for you.

Just to set expectations - I'll do my level best to solve any problems within reason. What's not obvious here is just how much of the work is actually done by Unity engine and underlying operating system. I can't fix any bugs in Unity engine or with IME provider in OS, and the amount of access I have to the underlying IME system is basically zilch. So if something is outside of my power to fix, or proves very difficult to resolve for only a small improvement, I'll have to let it go for now. But hopefully what's shaping up here will prove to be "good enough" to resolve your CJK input concerns.

FONT0003-SDF.zip
(8.96 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

높은산_낮은산

Post by 높은산_낮은산 »

Like you said, IME is complicated and buggy, especially in CJK.

I tested it as soon as I saw the reply. I also tested partial matching
And it works great.

There is an issue, but it's a really small and totally negligible problem.(unless write long)

Yes, it is "good enough" :D

and faster startup is goood :)

Thank you for always helping me.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That makes me happy to hear! Thank you for the positive words.

If you do wish to explain the problem you found, I'll do my best to solve it. But no promises yet, many things are outside of my reach in all this. :)

높은산_낮은산

Post by 높은산_낮은산 »

Sorry to keep bugging you, but as you know,
daggerfalls have an action part that requires you to enter an answer.
like answering yes to a guard in daggerfall castle.

i found this in the RSC and it says not to translate it.
is this part not translatable?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

These answer strings are currently hardcoded. I've ported them to localization for 0.16.1 and allowed IME for this input popup.

The answer strings are found with keys "answers_5404", "answers_5406", "answers_5423", "answers_5424", "answers_5464". Add one answer per line. You can mix both English and translated answers, as well as add custom answers in whatever language.

높은산_낮은산

Post by 높은산_낮은산 »

Input popup IME enable, great!

Thank you for your time.