[Version 0.15.4]Quest Target Floating Near Stairs

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
flup72

[Version 0.15.4]Quest Target Floating Near Stairs

Post by flup72 »

While I was doing a quest to deliver something(Was a while ago so can't remember which quest, I think it was the peasant one to deliver a letter/item across town), the NPC I was supposed to deliver the item was on the 2nd floor of a house floating near the clickable stairs.
I was still able to finish the quest so it didn't affect it negatively, I just found it funny. Good to see that some NPCs know the levitating spell hahaha.
I believe the issue is that the spawn point for quest npcs inside houses don't take in consideration the opening near the clickable stairs. His head was also clipping through the roof, but that also happens to any NPC that spawns too close to the wall on houses with inclined roofs.

Interkarma

Re: [Version 0.15.4]Quest Target Floating Near Stairs

Post by Interkarma »

Quest resources like items and NPCs are placed to markers specified in DOS gamedata, which is separate to DFU. There are many cases in gamedata where this marker placement can be questionable. :)

Maybe it's something UBLaMF can correct. This mod patches several issues in gamedata.

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/100

flup72

Re: [Version 0.15.4]Quest Target Floating Near Stairs

Post by flup72 »

Thanks for the reply. This one isn't really an issue, more funny than anything else. I just posted it because I had a few other bugs I found and decided to post this alongside them.