Quest rumors not working in custom quest

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
adamatom

Quest rumors not working in custom quest

Post by adamatom »

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm having an issue whereby add dialog for location X has started producing a typical "I regret to inform you I do not know of this" answer from NPC's every time. The location correctly shows up on "Tell me about" and I have tried to use setskill Streetwise and Etiquette 1000 and speak to multiple NPC's. No luck.

I had both the mods Uncanny Interface with the dialog option enabled and also Modern Dialogue which affect the same thing - whoops. However, even disabling the mods, starting a new character and restarting DFU, the problem still persists in my quest. I can't remember when this started to happen but I do remember ignoring it for a while and waiting to come back to it. Now I'm here and stuck with what I can do to resolve. It could be a mod conflict as I have a ton. I'm aware it's weird to test on a live version of DFU with a large mod list but I like to address conflicts as they come and find solutions. I'd try on an unmodded version to test but figured I should ask here first in case the fix isn't mod related.

Jay_H

Re: Quest rumors not working in custom quest

Post by Jay_H »

I have moved your topic to Quest Development :)

If you can post the whole of your quest, someone might be able to see what the problem is.