Bugged Mage Guild quest 'Research Notes' sent me to a location without the objective.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Wizardling

Bugged Mage Guild quest 'Research Notes' sent me to a location without the objective.

Post by Wizardling »

So as usual for this quest, I'm directed to a named building at a map location to visit an NPC I need to get the research notes off. Except this time I'm sent to a farm with only a single "Residence" farmhouse and no other buildings. I checked the farmhouse just in case, but of course it did not contain the quest objective named NPC.

Windows 11, i5 8400

I installed DFU with the recommended method, and currently have v0.16.1-rc

I'll just revert to an earlier save to bypass this, but if I had another course of action do let me know in case I encounter this again. Cheers :-)
Attachments
Mage_Guild_quest_Research_Notes_bug.zip
(254.94 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Frog blast the vent core!

pango

Re: Bugged Mage Guild quest 'Research Notes' sent me to a location without the objective.

Post by pango »

You went to the Moorsly Farmstead instead of the Moorsley Farmstead...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Wizardling

Re: Bugged Mage Guild quest 'Research Notes' sent me to a location without the objective.

Post by Wizardling »

What, seriously? :-D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Daggerfall be like that sometimes. :) A small QoL feature in DFU that's sometimes overlooked is that you can click on the log entry in journal and it will initiate fast travel to that location. No need to type in the name or deal with maddeningly similar random names. It only works for certain types of quests (with a single destination) but still pretty handy.

Wizardling

Post by Wizardling »

Wow, I can't believe I didn't know that. Awesome tip! Cheers very much :-)