[0.16.2] K0C30Y03 "A Noble's Debts" unused Person resource and incorrect flag trigger

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
Jagget

[0.16.2] K0C30Y03 "A Noble's Debts" unused Person resource and incorrect flag trigger

Post by Jagget »

I was looking through some quests and found that in K0C30Y03 there is unused Person "_tguild_" declaration (link)

Code: Select all

Person _tguild_ face 81 faction The_Thieves_Guild local
and there is a repute check with never defined "_victin_" (link)

Code: Select all

--	Quest start-up:
	repute with _victin_ exceeds 15 do _S.28_
Question: Is it a bug? Should the repute check be done against unused "_tguild_" guy?
Daggerfall Russian Translation

Jay_H

Re: "A Noble's Debts" quest question/issue

Post by Jay_H »

You'll find a lot of unused flags and data inside the classic quests. I generally don't consider anything worth "fixing" unless it actually prevents the quest from being completed in a reasonable way. There are a lot of enhancements we could make by connecting existing dots, but that's really more of mod territory.

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:21 pm You'll find a lot of unused flags and data inside the classic quests. I generally don't consider anything worth "fixing" unless it actually prevents the quest from being completed in a reasonable way. There are a lot of enhancements we could make by connecting existing dots, but that's really more of mod territory.
And checking repute with undefined entity is totally fine and not breaking anything?

Interkarma

Re: [0.16.2] K0C30Y03 "A Noble's Debts" unused Person resource and incorrect flag trigger

Post by Interkarma »

The quest action will ignore any non-existent Person resource, and doesn't cost anymore than a quick hashtable lookup to determine the named Person doesn't exist. It won't affect anything, but no reason it couldn't be cleaned up, it's an easy correction to make in this case.

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:21 am The quest action will ignore any non-existent Person resource, and doesn't cost anymore than a quick hashtable lookup to determine the named Person doesn't exist. It won't affect anything, but no reason it couldn't be cleaned up, it's an easy correction to make in this case.
Thanks. I changed _victin_ to _tguild_ in my translation. We'll see how it goes.