Automap Lags Like Crazy - Mac 16.1

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Heardread

Automap Lags Like Crazy - Mac 16.1

Post by Heardread »

Hey guys, I'm playing 16.1 on an M2 Macbook Pro. When I'm on the normal game it runs at like 144 fps, but when I open the automap in a tavern or dungeon the fps crashes to like 10-13 fps, making it almost unusable. I played the game on an older version on an M1 Mac Mini and didn't have this problem. Is there a way I could address this issue?

Interkarma

Re: Automap Lags Like Crazy - Mac 16.1

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there. :) First of all, are you using any mods? The standard advice is to unzip a fresh copy without mods to confirm if the problem continues. The recommended way of setting for Mac is using DaggerfallGameFiles.

There has been no changes to the automap for a long time, and I don't think an M2 should make any difference. If you still have issue with a clean setup, please zip up your player.log and attach it to a reply here. The easy way to find this is by clicking the SAVE# text at top-right of screenshot in save/load UI and go "up" one level to find settings and logs. Let me know if you have troubles locating and I'll try to help.

Heardread

Re: Automap Lags Like Crazy - Mac 16.1

Post by Heardread »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:58 am Hey there. :) First of all, are you using any mods? The standard advice is to unzip a fresh copy without mods to confirm if the problem continues. The recommended way of setting for Mac is using DaggerfallGameFiles.

There has been no changes to the automap for a long time, and I don't think an M2 should make any difference. If you still have issue with a clean setup, please zip up your player.log and attach it to a reply here. The easy way to find this is by clicking the SAVE# text at top-right of screenshot in save/load UI and go "up" one level to find settings and logs. Let me know if you have troubles locating and I'll try to help.
Took me a while to reply but:
I'm running a fresh install of 1.0 now on the same computer, and still having the same problem. I tried to find the player.log file you mentioned to attach, but I'm having trouble finding it. Clicking the Save # and going up 1 level takes me to a directory that just contains Save folders, no log files. Further up I only see DFTFU_Environment.log. I attached that in case it's the file you're looking for.
DFTFU_Environment.log.zip
(10.41 KiB) Downloaded 8 times