A translation bug?

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
FeMaster

A translation bug?

Post by FeMaster »

Im trying to translate the game to brazilian. but after changing any of the texts and entering the game to test it, almost every text in game ends with three ;;; . I'll show an image as an example Image :cry:
Shy necromancer

Interkarma

Re: A translation bug?

Post by Interkarma »

The game will render text input as it's found in your source CSV files. My best guess is your editor is injecting something unusual at the end of lines. Without knowing what you're using, Excel is rather notorious for breaking text files by changing formats.

Your CSV must be in UTF-8 format and lines end with a CRLF sequence. If you open your CSV in a good text editor like Notepad++ and enable symbols, your line should look like below with no other characters.

charcontrol.png
charcontrol.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 2934 times

This is how it looks in-game.

porfavor.png
porfavor.png (40.62 KiB) Viewed 2934 times

I deleted your duplicate post in Help & Support. Translation forum is the correct place for this. You should consider teaming up with Magirion in below topic. They have been at this a little while already and can possibly offer some support and collaboration.

viewtopic.php?t=6264

FeMaster

Post by FeMaster »

Sorry for the lack of information, i was using Excel, but i think i find out what the problem is, i opened the CSV file on Notepad ++ and each line had three ;;; Image . Don't really know why this happens, but thanks for helping me out with this. Also i'll check out magirion's topic
Shy necromancer

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Happy you were able to solve. Thanks for reporting back. :)