Accents and Ç

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
FeMaster

Accents and Ç

Post by FeMaster »

Hi guys, I have a little doubt, i've seen that playing the game at lower resolutions and without SDF font rendering on, cause every word with accents and Ç to bug, below there's an example on how i write and how it appears in-game. Im using notepad++ btw.
The question is if have any solution or just DON'T USE accents and Ç? (sorry for my bad english :P)
Shy necromancer

Interkarma

Re: Accents and Ç

Post by Interkarma »

Localisation must use SDF fonts. :) This is the modern text pathway which supports UTF8 Unicode.

The non-SDF bitmap fonts from DOS era have a very limited range of characters and are only suitable for default text

If you want a more retro styled font then you can supply this as a TTF or OTF with your mod. You don't have to use the default SDF font. But you do need the SDF option enabled to have modern text support for writing translations.

FeMaster

Re: Accents and Ç

Post by FeMaster »

Got it, maybe i'll do 2 versions of the translation, anyway thanks a lot for helping. :D
Shy necromancer