Resolution bug

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
FeMaster

Resolution bug

Post by FeMaster »

The in-game resolution keeps coming back to default, i put in 800x 600, and then generaly when i enter a castle or a dungeon it just goes to the highest, some restarts may resolve, but then past some time it comes back, i'll show some prints. I'm playing the steam version.
Before entering the castle:
After:
You can see that the screen just stretched and get to a higher resolution, any ideas?
Shy necromancer

Interkarma

Re: Resolution bug

Post by Interkarma »

Resolution is only set once at startup, so this is more likely related to your config or environment.

The game resolution you set should always be your monitor's native resolution - e.g. 1920x1080, or a smaller resolution at the same aspect. For example, 720p / 1080p / 1440p are all valid 16:9 resolutions on my UHD monitor.

Than take a look at Retro Mode settings. Pause the game with Escape and click the hamburger menu at top-left of screen and go into Effect Settings. Here you can enable Retro Mode 320x200 or 640x400. You can also choose aspect correction of 4:3 or 16:10 to change screen geometry. This will give you low resolution rendering and aspect correction in the intended way.

If you still want to attempt 800x600, try also setting "ExclusiveFullscreen = True" in settings.ini. This tells the Unity runtime to use exclusive fullscreen rather than a borderless window (the default). If your problem is related to some kind of Unity runtime or driver issue, this might help work around it.

FeMaster

Re: Resolution bug

Post by FeMaster »

I think the aspect corretion was bugying and changing my resolution to the highest, don't know why. I tested without the correction at 800x 600, entered a castle and worked, the resolution remained the same,I will test some more. Thanks :p
Shy necromancer