(Mod Request) Skill Tweaks [Caps & Gains]

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Daedros

(Mod Request) Skill Tweaks [Caps & Gains]

Post by Daedros »

Would it be possible to allow all skills to cap at 100 (like in later TES games), instead of just your first skill to reach 100 (which then caps all your other skills at 95 currently)?
Whatever happened to that real time skill gain mod that Magicono was working on?

Daedros

Re: (Mod Request) Skill Tweaks [Caps & Gains]

Post by Daedros »

Nevermind. Just realized that Daggerfall Unity 1.0.0 doesn't have that same restriction that original Daggerfall (or even earlier DFU versions) had where you could only have 1 skill at 100 (Mastered), and all the rest were capped at 95. Just brought all my Magic skills to 100 (Mastered), as well as Jumping to 130 (Mastered) on a Werewolf char. Even with Athleticism trait, max Jumping skill seems to be weaker than i remember it from vanilla Daggerfall though.

Azarath

Post by Azarath »

I'm wondering something similar, 'cept I'd like to see more harsh restrictions. Being able to bump all skills to 100 or even 95 on a single character is one of my biggest gripes with Daggerfall.

I'd like to see a mod that allows one Primary skill to hit 100, the other two capped at 95, Major ones capped at 80 or 80-something, Minor ones to something like 50, and Misc ones at 10 or so. You know, make different characters actually different instead of all of them being able to do everything. Make coming up with a character 'build' a little more interesting than "what skill do I want to master first?".

All4

Post by All4 »

Personally I like that you can get good at skills that you didn't start with, you will just be very bad at it starting out, similar to real life. And you can still lock yourself out of skills with special disadvantages. But a mod like that would still be useful in some cases. For example right now there is no way to make a character that can only use some schools of magic, you can only forbid magic in light or dark. A restoration only character could be fun.