Daggerfall + Unity - Controller Support

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
RhuntMT

Daggerfall + Unity - Controller Support

Post by RhuntMT »

I have the game installed (Steam) and Unity (1.0) is working. I have controller enabled. I can move around with the controller, but I cant seem to use any of the other buttons. I have attempted to edit the mapping in the "Joystick" menu.

I have seen other threads on the use of "JoyToKey", but I thought Unity already supported controller mapping. Is this something that I have to install as well?

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall + Unity - Controller Support

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there. :) You can setup controller bindings without any external tools. I've created a wiki page on GitHub that will hopefully help with this.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... p-Controls

In brief, setup your keyboard+mouse controls on Primary settings and your controller on Secondary. The wiki article has suggested generic bindings for most controllers.

It would be helpful if we shipped a default set of controller bindings with the game, but at this stage it's left as an exercise for the end user to configure controller bindings based on their preferences.

I hope that is of some help!

RhuntMT

Re: Daggerfall + Unity - Controller Support

Post by RhuntMT »

Oh I see now that I was missing the Secondary configuration. Thank you for this explanation it definitely helped.